Contribute
Register

How do I delete a Clover bootloader from startup screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I tried doing a security update, which didn’t work, but added a bootloader which just goes on for ages, then ends with “cannot install on this Mac”

I can still boot into my system (circled in yellow), but now the default bootloader is the broken one when I start up. Is it possible to delete this from the startup. (Circled in red)

Attachments

• A04D8EB7-2580-4E57-8DDB-CCC8093F872B.jpeg
    A04D8EB7-2580-4E57-8DDB-CCC8093F872B.jpeg
    625.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 6FA2D65E-21F2-4D85-8C44-518BB4636EA0.jpeg
    6FA2D65E-21F2-4D85-8C44-518BB4636EA0.jpeg
    684.4 KB · Views: 42
I tried doing a security update, which didn’t work, but added a bootloader which just goes on for ages, then ends with “cannot install on this Mac”

I can still boot into my system (circled in yellow), but now the default bootloader is the broken one when I start up. Is it possible to delete this from the startup. (Circled in red)
Did you ever do an NVRAM reset? That's probably what's causing your system to hang up. Try to press Fn + F11 key at the Clover boot menu to reset it. If you have updated the bootloader that's what you should normally do first.

Did you ever do an NVRAM reset? That's probably what's causing your system to hang up. Try to press Fn + F11 key at the Clover boot menu to reset it. If you have updated the bootloader that's what you should normally do first.
No I didn't. Wasn't aware I needed to. I will try that. Thank you.

If the Security Update failed, you will still have the installation files on your existing High Sierra drive. The files are only removed when the update is successful.

You may need to boot in to your system and manually delete the Security Update installation folder.

This will be located on the root of the macOS High Sierra drive alongside the 4 normal Folders, i.e. Applications, Library, System and Users.

The Folder may be named Data or similar, I can't recall the exact name. Deleting this 'Data' folder will remove the Installation icon from the Clover boot screen.

If the Security Update failed, you will still have the installation files on your existing High Sierra drive. The files are only removed when the update is successful.

You may need to boot in to your system and manually delete the Security Update installation folder.

This will be located on the root of the macOS High Sierra drive alongside the 4 normal Folders, i.e. Applications, Library, System and Users.

The Folder may be named Data or similar, I can't recall the exact name. Deleting this 'Data' folder will remove the Installation icon from the Clover boot screen.
Thank you, Edhawk.
Is it this MacOS Install Data? I can delete this, can I?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 15.05.03.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 15.05.03.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 15.08.54.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 15.08.54.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 44
Yes, delete that folder and the icon will no longer appear on the boot screen.

Clover should revert to booting the partition named in your config.plist once the folder has been deleted from your system.

I'm trying to remove the clover boot menu options for Mojave. The suggestion of showing hidden files and deleting IABootFiles (hidden) and OS X Install Data didn't work because these folders are not present for me in Mojave 10.14.6 when I'm showing hidden files.
The command I used to show hidden files is "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE;killall Finder"

Is there another way to remove the boot menu options for Mojave

Yes, remove the Clover EFI from the macOS drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back