CPU
i5-2310
Graphics
9600 GT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there! I have High Sierra on my setup, everything works very nice. But I was wondering if it's possible to update the system emojis. I've updated the Apple Color Emoji.ttc font with the one from macOS Sonoma. I can see those new emojis if I copy them or something, but cannot see it from the Emoji Picker. Is there a way to make that? It seems that previous to High Sierra, you could update a .plist file to add them, but I cannot find that file under HS (/System/Library/Input Methods/CharacterPalette.app/Contents/Resources/Category-Emoji.plist). Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 4.39.19 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 4.39.19 p. m..png
    727.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 4.40.03 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 4.40.03 p. m..png
    956 KB · Views: 10
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 4.40.26 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 4.40.26 p. m..png
    853.9 KB · Views: 14
Hi there! I have High Sierra on my setup, everything works very nice. But I was wondering if it's possible to update the system emojis. I've updated the Apple Color Emoji.ttc font with the one from macOS Sonoma. I can see those new emojis if I copy them or something, but cannot see it from the Emoji Picker. Is there a way to make that? It seems that previous to High Sierra, you could update a .plist file to add them, but I cannot find that file under HS (/System/Library/Input Methods/CharacterPalette.app/Contents/Resources/Category-Emoji.plist). Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi there.

It's been a while since I used High Sierra, but can't you import new fonts using the Font Book app? (File/Add Fonts to Current User ... ) Maybe it wasn't included in HS?

:)

Hi there.

It's been a while since I used High Sierra, but can't you import new fonts using the Font Book app? (File/Add Fonts to Current User ... ) Maybe it wasn't included in HS?

:)
Hi! I did it, but yet the Emoji Picker still only shows the old emojis, the newer ones doesn't appear there. It says the user-installed font is the active copy.

Edit: after looking over the Internet I found this post. It doesn't solve the thing, but it's a workaround to at least search for the Emojis. Now I need someone with macOS 14 able to upload this file /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreEmoji.framework

Edit 2: It seems another way is to add "Unicode" to the character viewer and find there the emojis you desire, add them to the favorites for an easy pick.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 6.52.12 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 6.52.12 p. m..png
    731.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 8.06.18 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 8.06.18 p. m..png
    903.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back