Contribute
Register

How can I install and use NVIDIA Web Driver under Mac OS Mojave beta 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But now I have downgraded it to 10.13.6.
Do you have any advice for updating to Mojave and NVIDIA web driver for Mojave? thanks.

Mojave, just like any other new macOS release or beta would require updated drivers from Nvidia.
Nvidia doesn't respond to new macOS very quicky. And tends to wait for official releases only.

Or patching existing ones so they load (NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext can do this).
Do some research and you'll see...

As it seems Nvidia Web does not yet support Metal v2 which Mojave requires. (it can take a while for Nvidia to update). for now I switched back to a pre-Pascal card (that is what works with apples drivers)

Well, the older driver will not work properly since it does not support Metal. In High Sierra, we could use Sierra's drivers and would get a acceptable result with passable or almost minimum stutter and jagger on screen.

But for this update, does not matter if is the latest driver from High Sierra or Sierra since Mojave makes heavy use of metal. Nvidia, as already mentioned and stated, does not care enough to write new drivers as Macs come around. Even little fixes like changing a version name of the driver ( literally one line ), they last 1 or 2 weeks to update.

I wouldn't expect anything soon for Mojave. I'm ready to wait at least 3 months ( or even more ) for this update. And yes, I am waiting as much as you, because a made a mistake to buy a 1050 TI

pointless without hardware acceleration
If I really cannot enable full acceleration until Nvidia release the new version of web driver, can I enable and use Intel HD Graphics with VGA output?

If I really cannot enable full acceleration until Nvidia release the new version of web driver, can I enable and use Intel HD Graphics with VGA output?

Yes, if your BIOS/hardware provides such an option. Note: VGA generally not supported though.

Intel HD3000 is not supported on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back