Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX660
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Cheers mates,

I have some trouble installing my Hackintosh. Could you may take a look upon it?

Hardware:
  • SSD: Samsung MZ-75E1T0B/EU 850 EVO
  • Mainboard: MSI Z270-A Pro (BIOS Version: E7A71IMS.130)
  • RAM: 16GB Cucial DDR4-2133 CL15
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k; LGA-1151
  • GPU: Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 2GB PCIe 2

Done so far:

I have used UniBeast 8.3.2 to create my High Sierra Boot Stick, as described in the High Sierra Thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/)

Onto this stick I have copied UniBeast 8.3.2 for the Post-Installation Steps.

Stick: 32GB SanDisk Ultra 3.0

Formatted as:
Name: USB
Format: OS X Extended (Journaled)
Scheme: GUID Partition Map

Installation in UEFI Boot Mode and at Graphics Configuration I checked the Nvidia Option, since my GPU is a GTX660.

First, I could not install High Sierra. After the Apple Logo I just got the Stop Sign.

To fix it I “simply” checked the BIOS setting for the x time.
  1. Save & Exit → Restore Defaults: Yes
  2. Advanced \ Integrated Peripherals → Network Stack: [Disabled]
  3. Advanced \Integrated Peripherals → Intel Serial IO: [Disabled]
  4. Advanced \ USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off: [Enabled]
  5. Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support: [Auto]
  6. Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration → MSI Fast Boot: [Disabled]
  7. Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration → Fast Boot: [Disabled]
  8. Overclocking \ CPU Features → Intel Virtualization Tech: [Enabled]
  9. Overclocking \ CPU Features → Intel VT-D Tech: [Disabled]
  10. Boot → Boot mode select: [LEGACY+UEFI]

Dedicated graphics card:
  1. Advanced \ Integrated Graphics Configuration → Initiate Graphic Adapter: PEG
Wake Hackintosh from sleep thru Input:
  1. Advanced \ Wake Up Event Setup → Resume By USB Device: [Enabled]
  2. Advanced \ Wake Up Event Setup → Resume From S3/S4/S5 by PS/2 Mouse: [Enabled]
  3. Advanced \ Wake Up Event Setup → Resume From S3/S4/S5 by PS/2 Mouse: [Enabled]

After installing Mac OS, the Installer restarted my PC (as usual) and I selected booting from my internal SSD, which just has been created.

Here I received the same problem. Apple Logo appeared, then Stop Sign.

After reading a lot of threads and comments, I disconnected my GPU and changed the BIOS Settings to:

Intel iGPU:
  1. Advanced \ Integrated Graphics Configuration → Initiate Graphic Adapter: IGD
  2. Advanced \ Integrated Graphics Configuration → DVMT Pre-Allocated: 96M

Installation worked.
But when I restart my Computer, select the USB Stick and choose High Sierra… same thing! Apple Logo is shown for the fraction of a second and then, Stop Sign!!

So. What am I missing within my installation so far?
What I have done different to the Installation Guide is, that I have not done Step 4.9 (Prevent APFS file System). Why? Because I got the Error, that there is no Mac Hard Drive that could be “no-converted”. I have not written down the exact message, but that was the sense of it. If needed, I will reproduce the error. Why that is, I don’t know. But that’s a problem I’ll take care about at a later time.

For now, I just want to have that think running.

Right now, within this Installation Guide, I am stuck at Step 5 – Post Installation with MultiBeast.

Again.

I have installed the OS, restarted the computer, choose USB -> High Sierra but then I just get the Stop Sign again.

Any hints?!

Thanks in advance!!

P.s.: Does it make any difference, that the MacBook the HighSierra.app comes from, is running on Sierra? I have just downloaded the HighSierra.app, but aborted the installation so that I would not have to do the update on my original System.

What I would like to have is:
  1. A HighSierra / Windows Multi-Boot
  2. Have my Graphics Card supported
But first of, have that System running is key. My two wishes can be added later.

Cheers mates,

I have some trouble installing my Hackintosh. Could you may take a look upon it?

Hardware:
  • SSD: Samsung MZ-75E1T0B/EU 850 EVO
  • Mainboard: MSI Z270-A Pro (BIOS Version: E7A71IMS.130)
  • RAM: 16GB Cucial DDR4-2133 CL15
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k; LGA-1151
  • GPU: Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 2GB PCIe 2

Done so far:

I have used UniBeast 8.3.2 to create my High Sierra Boot Stick, as described in the High Sierra Thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/)

Onto this stick I have copied UniBeast 8.3.2 for the Post-Installation Steps.

Stick: 32GB SanDisk Ultra 3.0

Formatted as:
Name: USB
Format: OS X Extended (Journaled)
Scheme: GUID Partition Map

Installation in UEFI Boot Mode and at Graphics Configuration I checked the Nvidia Option, since my GPU is a GTX660.

First, I could not install High Sierra. After the Apple Logo I just got the Stop Sign.

To fix it I “simply” checked the BIOS setting for the x time.
  1. Save & Exit → Restore Defaults: Yes
  2. Advanced \ Integrated Peripherals → Network Stack: [Disabled]
  3. Advanced \Integrated Peripherals → Intel Serial IO: [Disabled]
  4. Advanced \ USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off: [Enabled]
  5. Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support: [Auto]
  6. Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration → MSI Fast Boot: [Disabled]
  7. Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration → Fast Boot: [Disabled]
  8. Overclocking \ CPU Features → Intel Virtualization Tech: [Enabled]
  9. Overclocking \ CPU Features → Intel VT-D Tech: [Disabled]
  10. Boot → Boot mode select: [LEGACY+UEFI]

Dedicated graphics card:
  1. Advanced \ Integrated Graphics Configuration → Initiate Graphic Adapter: PEG
Wake Hackintosh from sleep thru Input:
  1. Advanced \ Wake Up Event Setup → Resume By USB Device: [Enabled]
  2. Advanced \ Wake Up Event Setup → Resume From S3/S4/S5 by PS/2 Mouse: [Enabled]
  3. Advanced \ Wake Up Event Setup → Resume From S3/S4/S5 by PS/2 Mouse: [Enabled]

After installing Mac OS, the Installer restarted my PC (as usual) and I selected booting from my internal SSD, which just has been created.

Here I received the same problem. Apple Logo appeared, then Stop Sign.

After reading a lot of threads and comments, I disconnected my GPU and changed the BIOS Settings to:

Intel iGPU:
  1. Advanced \ Integrated Graphics Configuration → Initiate Graphic Adapter: IGD
  2. Advanced \ Integrated Graphics Configuration → DVMT Pre-Allocated: 96M

Installation worked.
But when I restart my Computer, select the USB Stick and choose High Sierra… same thing! Apple Logo is shown for the fraction of a second and then, Stop Sign!!

So. What am I missing within my installation so far?
What I have done different to the Installation Guide is, that I have not done Step 4.9 (Prevent APFS file System). Why? Because I got the Error, that there is no Mac Hard Drive that could be “no-converted”. I have not written down the exact message, but that was the sense of it. If needed, I will reproduce the error. Why that is, I don’t know. But that’s a problem I’ll take care about at a later time.

For now, I just want to have that think running.

Right now, within this Installation Guide, I am stuck at Step 5 – Post Installation with MultiBeast.

Again.

I have installed the OS, restarted the computer, choose USB -> High Sierra but then I just get the Stop Sign again.

Any hints?!

Thanks in advance!!

P.s.: Does it make any difference, that the MacBook the HighSierra.app comes from, is running on Sierra? I have just downloaded the HighSierra.app, but aborted the installation so that I would not have to do the update on my original System.

What I would like to have is:
  1. A HighSierra / Windows Multi-Boot
  2. Have my Graphics Card supported
But first of, have that System running is key. My two wishes can be added later.
boot verbose then take a pic and upload here

Good evening feartech,

i booted in verbose (two pictures attached).
First.jpg shows some stuff he did, before doing some other stuff on second.jpg. Sorry, but i have no idea what is going on there :(
That firmware load process you can see on the second picture. That he tries for about 50 times. Then comes a restart and i am back in the selection menu, wether i want to boot from my USB-Stick or from my Hard Drive.

Does that make any sense to you?

Am I right, that this has something to do with the config.plist?

Best,
casus

Attachments

• First.jpg
    First.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 209
  • Second.jpg
    Second.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back