4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey there guys
so ive been putting together a snow leopard machine for running older software that i own licenses for
i have a highpoint rocketraid 620 pcie x1 card, all the documentation seems to indicate that the drivers are built into leopard + snow leopard but i cant get my machine to recognize my rr620 it recognizes my drives just fine but then when osx boots the drives are not seen neither is the controller. the other threads related to this topic were closed at this is old hardware from 2010 but surely someone is familiar with this?
is it not possible to boot an SSD into OSX with the rr620? im pretty sure i remember this working in the past, it autodetects in my more modern hackintosh i thought maybe it requires mtn lion + to be detected properly? i cant find any driver specifically for the rr620 there is a driver .dmg i located that is specifically for the 4 port variety of the 600 series but installing it has made no difference for me on this 10.6.8 machine

i believe im using chameleon rc4 or rc5 as the bootloader atm.
machine has 8gb of ddr2 and GT220 graphics on a P5B deluxe wifiAP Asus 775 motherboard
really would like to be able to use the rr620 card for the original purpose i bought it for..

i guess i can try to install 10.7 Lion and see if it autodetects? to be fair snow leopard slighly predates the existance of the rr620 i think, the website did mention something about lion compatibility but that was in the masthead of the now defunct highpoint mac website not the particulars related to the rr620 (see here https://web.archive.org/web/20111122040750/http://www.hptmac.com/US/product.php?_index=67) oops ok it looks liik thats related to the usb3.0 product, my bad - anyway - the page says that support is built into leopard + above when u read it here: https://web.archive.org/web/2011111...om/US/product.php?_index=67&viewtype=download

Here's what the Highpoint specs page shows. Looks like no macOS drivers are available to download for 620L. It also says n/a for embedded in macOS X drivers. Can you buy a 640L and try that ?

Screen Shot 19.jpg

Screen Shot 20.jpg

Screen Shot 21.jpg

hey there
im not looking to buy another card, this card works.
its a 620 not a 620L. which is an earlier model and is only pcie x1 not pcie x4
re: the website, alot of peoples websites suck. especially when its for a product that is not in their current moneymaking roster, the card is supposed to work with any osx from 10.4.11 + up. perhaps something is causing a conflict with the highpointRR.kext similarly to how i had to delete HPET kext to have my firewire ports recognized.
anyways im looking to speak to people with experience getting this to work. if you have any experience getting any of the 600 series rocketraid pciex1 cards working under macos please respond!

hhere the manual explicitly says its compatible with mac 10.6

"Mac systems will automatically detect and install the
driver for Rocket 600 Series controller.
Rocket 600 Series controller’s device ID: “0x9123”"

the manual shows the card being recognized under the pci cards portion of the system profiler

@supernova777,

In order to have the RAID card work, it needs to be on the driver list of working macOS versions. Unfortunately your 620 may be too old and I'm not sure what Highpoint macOS driver support is like in general.

I have an Areca ARC-1680 card and I have it working with an Areca 8-bay SAS unit under Monterey on Z690 setup. I have the official Areca MRAID driver installed for it, and it reads the drive fully in Monterey.

0x91A41B4B
0x06201103

these device id's ive retrieved from the hardware... i dunno whats going on but i seen the vendor id change from 1103 to 1b4b mysteriously as i was trying to hack it into working.... strange!

Back