Contribute
Register

High Sierra working Now how to get Nvidia GT-740 graphics working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, maybe check out deals of the day in build section, there are RX 580 8gb models for a little more. For $20-30 more you get better performance especially the 8gb of Memory.

The 570 will work it’s just the XFX RX 460-560 that won’t.

Thanks, Which one for OOB?
The XFX RX 570 is available for in store pickup.
Best Buy: XFX - AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card for $199

or

Amazon: Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB Graphic Cards GV-RX580AORUS-8GD for $229
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y46X4L9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

So the gigabyte RX 580 will work just like the sapphire RX 580?
Can’t afford more mistakes, everyone seems to like the Sapphire for OOB

The Sapphire Pulse model is used by developers so it’s the most OOB, but all other brands will also work. I have 2 XFX RX 480s that I have used since Sierra Betas 2 years ago. They still bench competitively and run OOB. The only RX cards that don’t work are the XFX RX 460-560 and all RX 550 models everything else is reported working.
If you want to be extra careful get the Pulse model but it will cost a little more. MSI makes some solid cards they have a thick wafer board and solid transistors. XFX has a lifetime warranty if you register it, PowerColor has high performance, Gigabyte works, Asus is good as well. Many choices, many color schemes etc....

The Sapphire Pulse model is used by developers so it’s the most OOB, but all other brands will also work. I have 2 XFX RX 480s that I have used since Sierra Betas 2 years ago. They still bench competitively and run OOB. The only RX cards that don’t work are the XFX RX 460-560 and all RX 550 models everything else is reported working.
If you want to be extra careful get the Pulse model but it will cost a little more. MSI makes some solid cards they have a thick wafer board and solid transistors. XFX has a lifetime warranty if you register it, PowerColor has high performance, Gigabyte works, Asus is good as well. Many choices, many color schemes etc....
Picked up a XFX RX 570 4gb at Best Buy today. It was on clearance for $189, so I grabbed it. Do I just pop it in and turn off internal graphics or is there a big install process?

Picked up a XFX RX 570 4gb at Best Buy today. It was on clearance for $189, so I grabbed it. Do I just pop it in and turn off internal graphics or is there a big install process?

Put it in and go. It may work with or without internal graphics. In bios set PEG or PCIE as primary display out put. You can leave internal graphics enabled. If it doesn’t work deactivate internal graphics and use RX as only graphics.

Put it in and go. It may work with or without internal graphics. In bios set PEG or PCIE as primary display out put. You can leave internal graphics enabled. If it doesn’t work deactivate internal graphics and use RX as only graphics.
Booting up now, fingers crossed...
Selected boot macOS from SSD...
Apple shows, progress bar...
gets about 3/4 goes back to clover boot,
2nd time, log in...
password and BINGO!!!! IT WORKS!!!!
About this mac says, Radeon RX 570 4096 MB!!!
Anything Else?
This is fantastic!!! Thank you Gigamaxx!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back