Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
RX 560
Hi,
I'm stuck. After years of running pain free Yosemite I upgraded to High Sierra. Had to remove the Evga Gt-740 SC 2GB video card and run internal graphics to get up and running.

Now what? How do I get the video card working? I have read so much and honestly I am confused because there are so many different threads on this.

Thanks!!!

Hi,
I'm stuck. After years of running pain free Yosemite I upgraded to High Sierra. Had to remove the Evga Gt-740 SC 2GB video card and run internal graphics to get up and running.

Now what? How do I get the video card working? I have read so much and honestly I am confused because there are so many different threads on this.

Thanks!!!

1). If it has native support or drivers you should be able to use inject Nvidia and maybe Nvidia Single or No EFI options. This is if there are no web drivers installed and the config.plist does not have web drivers = true or yes, and no nv_disable=1.

2). If that doesn’t work you need to disable CSM in bios and use 0x03FF in RT variables setting in clover. Boot using nv_disable=1 boot arg (clover/boot arg), after boot download and install web drivers. Then set Web Drivers =true, remove nv_disable=1 boot arg. and enable CSM in bios (@ reboot).

Guys, I got so sick of the Nvidia issue I went to Best Buy today and bought a:
XFX - AMD Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Any tips on how to make this work? Or should I start another thread?

Guys, I got so sick of the Nvidia issue I went to Best Buy today and bought a:
XFX - AMD Radeon RX 560 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Any tips on how to make this work? Or should I start another thread?

Return it and get a different brand that one is the only one that has an incompatible vbios. The only way to get it to work is to flash a new bios from a different brand which will void the warranty. Can you exchange it for a different brand?

XFX RX 460-560 and all RX 550 models won’t work OOB.
XFX RX 470-580 models will.

Any other brand of RX 560 will work.

Return it and get a different brand that one is the only one that has an incompatible vbios. The only way to get it to work is to flash a new bios from a different brand which will void the warranty. Can you exchange it for a different brand?

XFX RX 460-560 and all RX 550 models won’t work OOB.
XFX RX 470-580 models will.

Any other brand of RX 560 will work.
Will this one work OOB?
XFX - AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back