Contribute
Register

High Sierra won't boot from SSD after Multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are from legacy boot mode it could be in the Drivers64 folder. It would be ok. Are the images from Legacy boot mode?
I did not see any "AptioFix... in that folder

On your second image, the "What is this?" - That what Unibeast put on the drive and I copied it over to EFI on SSD. Is that not supposed to be there? I didn't modify any of this, I only edited config.plist to add the Graphics ID.

This is the error when I try to start from SSD, attached
That error is because in the folder "drivers64" used by Legacy boot mode, the OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi needed to reach Clover Boot Manager screen is missing.

If they are from legacy boot mode it could be in the Drivers64 folder. It would be ok. Are the images from Legacy boot mode?

yes, I created the drive in legacy mode

In your driver64 folder 2 important files are missing:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv.EFI
  • HFSPlus.Efi or VBoxHFS-64.efi
I have similar MoBo GA-H61M-HD2. But I boot in UEFI mode. I have to use drivers64UEFI folder.
I have uploaded the image for comparison of its contents with your drivers64 folder. You can see why you are getting that KP.

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI_H61_MoBo UEFI boot in HS.png
    drivers64UEFI_H61_MoBo UEFI boot in HS.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 61
So, putting the AptioFix in the folder is allowing me to boot form the hard drive now!

But, my display is now stuck in 1024x768. When booting from USB, I have a much higher resolution. It still is not recognizing the HD 4000, so I'm unable to change the resolution.

I think it is actually booting up in UEFI mode now. I just deleted the drivers64 folder and rebooted and its still working. The Vbox file is in there already.

So, putting the AptioFix in the folder is allowing me to boot form the hard drive now!

But, my display is now stuck in 1024x768. When booting from USB, I have a much higher resolution. It still is not recognizing the HD 4000, so I'm unable to change the resolution.

I think it is actually booting up in UEFI mode now. I just deleted the drivers64 folder and rebooted and its still working. The Vbox file is in there already.
I have yet to comment on your config.plist.
config.plist is the one dealing with other aspects of booting including Video Resolution etc .
Your Config.plist_Devices_ FakeID_IGFX is an arbitrary or random 1234.....
If I recall it must be 01668086 with a ig-platform-id =01660003 or 01660000 or 01660001 .

I have not used Intel HD 4000 in any of my devices. Those numbers are from my recollections of others succeeding with some prior OS X installs. Not sure about HS and Intel HD 4000 and the needed fake ID and ig-platform-id in desktop. . Please search for any pearls of wisdom from RehabMan in his posts.

Last edited:
Those combinations didn’t do the trick for the graphics, but I will keep looking. I found some sample plists but most of those setting resulted in no boot.

Thanks so much for your help! Much further along now thanks to you! :D

Those combinations didn’t do the trick for the graphics, but I will keep looking. I found some sample plists but most of those setting resulted in no boot.

Thanks so much for your help! Much further along now thanks to you! :D
While pursuing troubleshoot of Intel HD, trying an inexpensive add-on PCIE card like provenly working SAPPHIRE I use , or VisionTek Radeon 5450 2GB DDR3 (DVI-I, HDMI, VGA) Graphics Card - 900861 may be another option to start using your HS in that system.

Which is the Sapphire card you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back