Register

High Sierra suddenly goes off

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
RX 6600
Hello, for some time now my computer suddenly shuts down, when I am browsing or when I am going to open a program, what can I do to solve it? I have another partition with Windows and the same thing does not happen, so I think it is due to something specific to the OS

Its normal the high use of Chrome? also many mdworker process

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-06-26 a la(s) 10.24.53 a. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-06-26 a la(s) 10.24.53 a. m..png
    470.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hello, for some time now my computer suddenly shuts down, when I am browsing or when I am going to open a program, what can I do to solve it? I have another partition with Windows and the same thing does not happen, so I think it is due to something specific to the OS

Its normal the high use of Chrome? also many mdworker process

Hi there

Perhaps ZIP your EFI folder (after blanking the serial-numbers etc) and attach it to a post so we can check it for you.

:)

here it is, thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 42
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 18.47.42.png

All of your kexts should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other only.
The remaining folders in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ should be deleted.

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 18.51.09.png

You have 2 memory fix drivers. This is wrong as they Both do the same job and are mutually exclusive.
You should use one or the other but not both.

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 18.56.22.png

Having Debug set to true will slow down your boot time as it writes a debug file each time.

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 18.59.08.png

With a GTX 950 you should set NvidiaWeb to true for the web drivers.

Thank you very much for your help, I have made the changes, tell me if I should do something else, thanks again

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 48
Thank you very much for your help, I have made the changes, tell me if I should do something else, thanks again

In your Clover Kexts folder you have :

Lilu.kext.zip
AppleAlc.kext.zip

You have moved them, yes, but Clover will not inject *.zip files. They need to be the original kexts.

In your Clover Kexts folder you have :

Lilu.kext.zip
AppleAlc.kext.zip

You have moved them, yes, but Clover will not inject *.zip files. They need to be the original kexts.

Done, thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 37
so far the computer has not had sudden shutdowns, but when you open an incognito window in chrome it looks like this.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-06-28 a la(s) 6.15.29 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-06-28 a la(s) 6.15.29 p. m..png
    279.2 KB · Views: 22
Hello, After several days without sudden blackouts, today it has turned off very frequently again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 38
Hello friends, any help? the system shuts down again, I was testing with windows and it doesn't happen, so it's definitely an OS error

Thanks

Back