Contribute
Register

High Sierra - RX Vega & Final Cut h.264 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ppffffpp

Thank you for this solution. Does this only apply for reference design of Vega56 or does is also work with Sapphire Pulse & Nitro+ Vega56?

And could please link the orginal post @insanelymac? Thank you!

And my last question would be, how to undo these changes again? Just removing these line from the info.plist?

So, does this mean you think that the fans that run all the time aren't running fast enough? What I read here in these forums is that the fans in the Vega series run at high speeds even when the system is doing virtually nothing, so you think that's not fast enough?

The fans ran too fast on low loads and not fast enough on max load.

@ppffffpp

Thank you for this solution. Does this only apply for reference design of Vega56 or does is also work with Sapphire Pulse & Nitro+ Vega56?

And my last question would be, how to undo these changes again? Just removing these line from the info.plist?

I do not know regarding reference design.

The link to the original post is here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/?page=5

@ppffffpp

As far as I can tell, the OP has only provided profiles for Vega 64 users.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/?page=6

I do not know regarding reference design.

The link to the original post is here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/?page=5

Thanks!

As far as I can tell, the OP has only provided profiles for Vega 64 users.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/?page=6

ya the core-clock of my sapphire pulse vega 56 is 1.208 MHz, so the first OC via infoplist would be 234mhz more. I wonder if there is just a fix for fan without OC or with a little bit less OC. If any Vega 56 User can confirm some OC, that would help!

ya the core-clock of my sapphire pulse vega 56 is 1.208 MHz, so the first OC via infoplist would be 234mhz more. I wonder if there is just a fix for fan without OC or with a little bit less OC. If any Vega 56 User can confirm some OC, that would help!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to a profile for a Vega 56 to try too.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to a profile for a Vega 56 to try too.

Currently I am not home, but once I'm back I will try the lowest options. I'll make a copy of the orginal kext and then edit the on the /S/L/E Folder. If everything fails I can easily go back to the original one. I am especially interested in the relation of power gained vs temperature of gpu. The question would be is this worth.

Currently I am not home, but once I'm back I will try the lowest options. I'll make a copy of the orginal kext and then edit the on the /S/L/E Folder. If everything fails I can easily go back to the original one. I am especially interested in the relation of power gained vs temperature of gpu. The question would be is this worth.

Ideally, I'd like to try and lower voltage a bit as I've read that many Vegas run fine without so much voltage and maybe try to increase memory clocks a little.

Ideally, I'd like to try and lower voltage a bit as I've read that many Vegas run fine without so much voltage and maybe try to increase memory clocks a little.

Good Point. Mine is running fine too. My Saphire Nitro+ Vega56 comes next week as I except it to be a bit more powerful and with that 3 fan design more "cooler".

Ideally somebody would build an app that will give options to tweak it. Nonetheless after the last security update 10.13.4 everything seems fine and even though I play Shadow of Mordor in Ultra Settings my fans are still 0 rpm. Will be interesting if the Nitro+ Version behaves the same. I will keep you updated.

I did tried the lower option on my Vega 56 system And there was no video from the HDMI port and the tach leds were at max all the time. Fan speed was lower but I didn't let it to run very long time , afraid of overheating . Sapphire Vega 56 comes with 1156MHz Engine clock and with 1471MHz Boost Engine clock .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back