Contribute
Register

High Sierra on Ga-Z77X-UD3H/ i7 3770K, not shutting down due to GenericUSBXHCI.kekt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7 10900K
Graphics
Vega VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there,

I'm working on an old build with some friends. We upgraded to High Sierra. Everything works great, but we can only get the USB 3.0 ports workings with RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kekt, but then the computer won't shutdown, it just get rebooted. If we took off this kext systems shutdowns, but we we won't have active USB 3.0 ports. This motherboards only has USB 3.0 ports. And the main problem is that they Non Intel USB.
We tried many things, even a custom DSDT for de USBs, but nothing works.
We need some help, please!

Thank in advance!

Hello there,

I'm working on an old build with some friends. We upgraded to High Sierra. Everything works great, but we can only get the USB 3.0 ports workings with RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kekt, but then the computer won't shutdown, it just get rebooted. If we took off this kext systems shutdowns, but we we won't have active USB 3.0 ports. This motherboards only has USB 3.0 ports. And the main problem is that they Non Intel USB.
We tried many things, even a custom DSDT for de USBs, but nothing works.
We need some help, please!

Thank in advance!

Hi there.

Do you have any Bluetooth devices attached to USB ports?

Hi there.

Do you have any Bluetooth devices attached to USB ports?
Hi, there

No I don't any bluetooth. We also tried a patched DSDT with no luck. High Sierra always reported after the fake shutdown (just reboot). It seems to suffer a Kernel Panic backtraced in the kekts that admins the USB.
We just downgraded to Sierra, and everything works smoothly.

Do you any ideas?

Hi, there

No I don't any bluetooth. We also tried a patched DSDT with no luck. High Sierra always reported after the fake shutdown (just reboot). It seems to suffer a Kernel Panic backtraced in the kekts that admins the USB.
We just downgraded to Sierra, and everything works smoothly.

Do you any ideas?

Well I think the USB3 ports controlled by the VIA VL800 chipset is the problem here. GenericUSBXHCI.kext has not been actively developed December 2015 and was last reported fully stable (as far as I can see) in Sierra. A combination of both is probably what's causing the KP.

Having said that, your motherboard also has 2x back-panel USB3 ports controlled by the Z77 Intel chipset. Are they not working either?

Well I think the USB3 ports controlled by the VIA VL800 chipset is the problem here. GenericUSBXHCI.kext has not been actively developed December 2015 and was last reported fully stable (as far as I can see) in Sierra. A combination of both is probably what's causing the KP.

Having said that, your motherboard also has 2x back-panel USB3 ports controlled by the Z77 Intel chipset. Are they not working either?
Yes, that is the problem! I forgot to say that the 2 USB 3.0 ports next to the Ethernet Port are Intel. Of course they work without GenericUSBXHCI.kext. We concluded that to work with High Sierra or Mojave the best option for this board is getting some USB 3.0 PCI-E expantion card, and work only with the Intel USB 3.0 ports. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back