Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try to install High Sierra on a Core I5 IvyBridge Intel b75 Motherboard with 16 GB Ram. USB creation went prefect but when I try to install High Sierra it say Installation is corrupt What did I do wrong. Help please!!!

Try to install High Sierra on a Core I5 IvyBridge Intel b75 Motherboard with 16 GB Ram. USB creation went prefect but when I try to install High Sierra it say Installation is corrupt What did I do wrong. Help please!!!

Hello.

Firstly, please update your hardware profile (someone has already marked this up for you). It's part of the site rules. Thanks.

This error can be caused by a couple of issues:

1) You will need to set the system-date to late 2017 or early 2018 to get around signed certificate problems, depending on the version being used.

2) The other could be caused by how/where you downloaded the High Sierra installer.

:)

You will need to set the system-date to late 2017 or early 2018 to get around signed certificate problems, depending on the version being used.
If EFI/OC/config.plist/Misc/Security/DmgLoading Value is temporarily changed from "Signed" to "Any" would that also fix the problem?
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 9.41.45 AM.jpg

Last edited:
If EFI/OC/config.plist/Misc/Security/DmgLoading Value is temporarily changed from "Signed" to "Any" would that also fix the problem?
View attachment 545702

Not sure. You may be on to something.:thumbup:

My thought is that the file is signed but the certificate has expired. Hence the reason to wind back the clock to a point when it was still valid.

:)

Web search for "download older versions of macos" and use the apple resources listed.

Installers have a shelf-life of the certificates used to sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back