Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Arous Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hey guys,

I have been looking at solutions ALL day and nothing has worked. I boot to clover, select install High Sierra and clean my disk using disk utility and so on. but when it install it stops at around 2 min remaining and it freezes and reboots. I have no idea what's going on, I have tried usb ownership and usb inject in the clover options and nothing is working. I thought it might have been a usb 3 issue because my boot stick was usb 3 but I went to a usb 2 thumb drive and nothing worked! please help!!

My sistem

i7 9700k
gtx 1080
gigabyte z370 arous
32g of ddr4 ram
install drive: Samsung 970 pro 1TB

Hey guys,

I have been looking at solutions ALL day and nothing has worked. I boot to clover, select install High Sierra and clean my disk using disk utility and so on. but when it install it stops at around 2 min remaining and it freezes and reboots. I have no idea what's going on, I have tried usb ownership and usb inject in the clover options and nothing is working. I thought it might have been a usb 3 issue because my boot stick was usb 3 but I went to a usb 2 thumb drive and nothing worked! please help!!

My sistem

i7 9700k
gtx 1080
gigabyte z370 arous
32g of ddr4 ram
install drive: Samsung 970 pro 1TB
A few things you got to do at the outset:
  • According to the Forum rules you have to list your hardware SPECS (MoBo/CPU/GRaphics) to your Personal Details
  • Your Nvidia GTX 1080 has no support in Mojave and unless you physically remove the PCIE Graphics card and connect your Monitor to your Intel HD 630 via HDMI ( or other Digital port) you won't be able to install Mojave with your hardware.
  • To use your IGFX Graphics, you have to edit your BIOS Options and edit your CLOVER and its config.plist to make use of Processor associated Graphics.

A few things you got to do at the outset:
  • According to the Forum rules you have to list your hardware SPECS (MoBo/CPU/GRaphics) to your Personal Details
  • Your Nvidia GTX 1080 has no support in Mojave and unless you physically remove the PCIE Graphics card and connect your Monitor to your Intel HD 630 via HDMI ( or other Digital port) you won't be able to install Mojave with your hardware.
  • To use your IGFX Graphics, you have to edit your BIOS Options and edit your CLOVER and its config.plist to make use of Processor associated Graphics.
Thank you for your response but it also doesn't work in high Sierra or Sierra, I've tried those also. It just freezes with 2 min remaining at the first install screen.

Hey Concretebong,
before you press install (after agreeing to the contract) press command - L, it should show a log and maybe also why it crashes.
Since it will happen all of the sudden, you might wanna film it and then screenshot the moment of the crash.
hope it will assist you in finding the issue.

Hey Concretebong,
before you press install (after agreeing to the contract) press command - L, it should show a log and maybe also why it crashes.
Since it will happen all of the sudden, you might wanna film it and then screenshot the moment of the crash.
hope it will assist you in finding the issue.

Thanks for your response! So I did cmd + L to get the log and I took pictures of the log right when it stopped installing and crashed

Attachments

• eqpHYuQQQF6yGZ9%n9C4xg.jpg
    eqpHYuQQQF6yGZ9%n9C4xg.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 85
  • JQkS25X3SBulctkM3K+w4w.jpg
    JQkS25X3SBulctkM3K+w4w.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 69
  • eqpHYuQQQF6yGZ9%n9C4xg.jpg
    eqpHYuQQQF6yGZ9%n9C4xg.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 58
Thanks for your response! So I did cmd + L to get the log and I took pictures of the log right when it stopped installing and crashed

And I'm sorry they're sideways I didn't know how to make them upright

I have tried
/Volumes/"Image Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Mac SSD --converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense and the output said usage: startosinstall --volume <volume target path> even though I put in /Volumes/Mac SSD which is the disk I want to install on

@ConcreteBong, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Hey, Sorry. I have a similar problem which i haven't managed to resolve.
I was hoping to learn from this thread but it seems that knowledge about this in here is scarce.
Pls update here if you do manage to overcome this.
best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back