Contribute
Register

High Sierra Install does not get to the Language Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 @CMMdavy

Hi both.

Yes, I built on this motherboard back when Chameleon was the bootloader of choice. And Mavericks the OSX. Unfortunately the old ways of configuring sound are no-longer used. Ironically they do still work for High Sierra, but I hesitate to recommend them.

I have no reason to suspect the Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext placed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other would not work. For Audio ID I remember 1, 2 or 3 worked. Nothing higher.

:)

@trs96 @CMMdavy

Hi both.

Yes, I built on this motherboard back when Chameleon was the bootloader of choice. And Mavericks the OSX. Unfortunately the old ways of configuring sound are no-longer used. Ironically they do still work for High Sierra, but I hesitate to recommend them.

I have no reason to suspect the Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext placed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other would not work. For Audio ID I remember 1, 2 or 3 worked. Nothing higher.

thanks what way would you recommend for getting the audio to work now then? Any help would be great.

thanks what way would you recommend for getting the audio to work now then? Any help would be great.

Well the config.plist you posted in the EFI folder showed Audio ID "1". You have the Lilu and AppleALC kexts in place, so just do as @trs96 suggested and try moving up through the numbers. "1" isn't working so try "2", Save, Reboot and check again. Remember to select "Internal Speakers" from the Audio Out tab of System Preferences etc. You can make this change either by editing the config.plist directly using a text-editor, or more visually with Clover Configurator. If you use this the setting is on the "Devices" tab.

As I mentioned, for this board I never got above "3", but that was pre-Clover days.

Incidentally, the only thing out-of-the-ordinary I noticed about your EFI folder is that it was from a Mojave machine, not High Sierra.

would you recommend for getting the audio to work now then? Any help would be great.
Why not simply try running Multibeast for High Sierra. Go to Drivers tab. Select the following in Audio -> Realtek ALC892 only. Nothing else. Build and Install then reboot. Check if your audio works. Go to Sound Prefs and set the correct output.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 7.02.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 7.04.20 PM.png

Last edited:
Why not simply try running Multibeast for High Sierra. Go to Drivers tab. Select the following in Audio -> Realtek ALC892 only. Nothing else. Build and Install then reboot. Check if your audio works. Go to Sound Prefs and set the correct output.

View attachment 465969

View attachment 465970
Hi All I have done a new install of the OS and Multibeast with the correct options selected and all is successfully booted and working and now I want to start with the audio setup.

On the clover device tab should I tick AFGLowPowerState and or ResetHDA?

Attachments

• IMG_7236.JPG
    IMG_7236.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 34
On the clover device tab should I tick AFGLowPowerState and or ResetHDA?
No don't mess with anything like that. Just select ALC892 in Multibeast as I said before. Please follow directions.

Hi y
No don't mess with anything like that. Just select ALC892 in Multibeast as I said before. Please follow directions.
Hi yes that is what I have done and I have checked I still do not have audio.

So I now an doing this step:

Well the config.plist you posted in the EFI folder showed Audio ID "1". You have the Lilu and AppleALC kexts in place, so just do as @trs96 suggested and try moving up through the numbers. "1" isn't working so try "2", Save, Reboot and check again. Remember to select "Internal Speakers" from the Audio Out tab of System Preferences etc. You can make this change either by editing the config.plist directly using a text-editor, or more visually with Clover Configurator. If you use this the setting is on the "Devices" tab.

Hi yes that is what I have done and I have checked I still do not have audio.
Post a screenshot of your Sound Preferences panel Output section.

Attachments

• 1529FD67-BA97-40A9-9693-8AA7BBAB920B.jpeg
    1529FD67-BA97-40A9-9693-8AA7BBAB920B.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9027.JPG
    IMG_9027.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4844.JPG
    IMG_4844.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Status