Intel i5 7400
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4B
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

This is my 2nd build hackintosh. Previously I do have successfully install Sierra on my System. But when I try to update, I fail. So now I'm trying to build from scratch

My Hardware
MSI H270
Intel i5 7400K
16GB RAM Corsair DDR4
Gigabyte nVidia GTX960 4GB

I attached my config file.

The problem is i cannot finish the security update from 17G66 build. So far my network LAN working fine. And I can boot without my USB installer.
When i try to do security update, the installation is always fail. It stop then show

Process mds_stores (220) disabling system-wide I/O Throttling
Process mds_stores (220) disabling system-wide CPU Throttling

(pls check attachment)

Regards,

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20201208_235540.jpg
    IMG_20201208_235540.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 22.57.26.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 22.57.26.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 87
Hi,

This is my 2nd build hackintosh. Previously I do have successfully install Sierra on my System. But when I try to update, I fail. So now I'm trying to build from scratch

My Hardware
MSI H270
Intel i5 7400K
16GB RAM Corsair DDR4
Gigabyte nVidia GTX960 4GB

I attached my config file.

The problem is i cannot finish the security update from 17G66 build. So far my network LAN working fine. And I can boot without my USB installer.
When i try to do security update, the installation is always fail. It stop then show

Process mds_stores (220) disabling system-wide I/O Throttling
Process mds_stores (220) disabling system-wide CPU Throttling

(pls check attachment)

Regards,

Hi there.

So the machine boots and runs okay (with bad graphics), but when you try to install a Security Update, it fails?

Hi there.

So the machine boots and runs okay (with bad graphics), but when you try to install a Security Update, it fails?
Yes. I read that there is no nvidia driver supported 17G66. So I have to install security update to get the newer build which I can download the supported nvidia driver.

Yes. I read that there is no nvidia driver supported 17G66. So I have to install security update to get the newer build which I can download the supported nvidia driver.

Did your system download the Security Update automatically or did you get it some other way?

I download from app store

So did you download the complete, latest High Sierra installer then? Security Updates are not available on the App Store.

So did you download the complete, latest High Sierra installer then? Security Updates are not available on the App Store.
the high sierra installer i download with gibMacOS since I can't found installer from app store. i don't know if it the latest high sierra installer.
Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 23.41.31.png

the high sierra installer i download with gibMacOS since I can't found installer from app store. i don't know if it the latest high sierra installer.View attachment 500369

The Security Update is shown as the last item in your list so it should have downloaded into your Library/Updates folder automatically. It will be a sub-folder with numbers for a name. Open this and only run the main SecurityUpdate package you will see in there. Do not run the installer from the App Store Update list.

Let me know if this makes a difference. (Remember to backup vital data first).

The Security Update is shown as the last item in your list so it should have downloaded into your Library/Updates folder automatically. It will be a sub-folder with numbers for a name. Open this and only run the main SecurityUpdate package you will see in there. Do not run the installer from the App Store Update list.

Let me know if this makes a difference. (Remember to backup vital data first).
it works man. wow....many thanks to you. But still no sound from HDMI

Good news :thumbup:

To get sound through HDMI you could try the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext pair. This might, or might not, work for you. I used it for my own Z270 build. Maybe worth trying. Put them in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. (Keep a bootable UniBeast USB stick handy just in case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back