Graphics
R9 280X / HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
FIXED :D

Removed the _PWR methods of XDCI & HDAS in my DSDT and changed the _DSM methods to XDSM via Clover.
I don't know which one of them fixed it or if both together were needed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

But regardless as soon as I activated Thunderbolt 3 in UEFI It worked:D.

I know this thread is only me talking to myself and the solution is not very unique but I hope that it helps at least one of you guys. Have a great time hacking' :)

P.S.
bless you tonymacx86 and thank you RehabMan for all your work :clap:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi tonymacx86.com community :),
the problem I can't solve myself is: ↓

Sleep never lasts longer than 45 seconds :problem:
OR
Sleep lasts way longer the first time with kernel panic when trying for the second time :(

Let me explain:
When I deactivate Thunderbolt 3 in UEFI:
  • Sleep never lasts longer than 45 seconds.
    • The system never fully awakes, though. It goes into DarkWake for about a minute before entering sleep for 45 seconds again. (I didn't try this for longer then 3 circles, so results after one hour or so may vary)
    • Every darkwake mode I set in boot-args means that DarkWake doesn't work at all. The system just fully awakes then.
  • "pmset -g log" says:
    Code:
    DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to / Using AC (Charge:0%) "1-45" secs
    or
    Code:
    DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to XDCI HDEF/ Using AC (Charge:0%) "1-45" secs
When I activate Thunderbolt 3 in UEFI:
  • Sleep is... you know... sleep, for the first time
    • When I don't set any darkwake mode, then the system goes into DarkWake when I press a button. I need to press a button for a second time to fully awake the system. With a darkwake mode set it awakes completely with only one button press.
  • The second time however:
    1. Monitors go dark, but fans keep spinning. Like they did the first time
    2. Fans keep spinning way longer than the first time and a button press won't do anything. Unlike the first time.
    3. After some time (I think 3-5 minutes) the system restarts itself and a kernel panic log pops up saying something with apple original USB kexts went wrong.
      • I think that is because the Thunderbolt 3 controller does not awake from sleep but keeps getting somehow recognized by macOs.
  • "pmset -g log" doesn't change
What I have done:
  • I tried nearly every clover "FIX". None of them have an effect
    • the only clover option I need for booting is "KernelPm" in Kernel and Kext Patches and since Catalina a boot-arg for Whatevergreen to work.
    • I have inject intel enabled because I want my internal graphics to work
    • HWPEnable is also active in my Clover Config because the CPU then drops below 1.2 GHZ.
      • I think this causes a rare Kernel Panic you may see in my debug file. The one with "intel.driver.energy" in it, but I'm not sure.
  • Renaming HDAS to HDEF only has the effect that "pmset -g log" no longer has HDAS but HDEF in it
  • Proper USB injection
    • Yes all internal USB hubs are internal
    • Yes all USB ports match their type
    • Yes Port Limit Patch was used when doing the injection but was not needed afterward so I disabled it
  • Disabling IGPU
  • Various UEFI settings:
    • XHCI Handoff on/ off
    • Powermanagement on/off
    • ... nearly every other option
  • DSDT patches... like every one that is somehow related to wake. Even the ones from Rehabman for Laptops.
  • Apitomemoryfix and variants
The only positive thing I got out of this search for fixes is better CPU Power Management. Even though Power Nap is not an Option anymore.

... I just don't know what to do anymore. I hope I was detailed enough so that you guys have everything you need :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments were deleted due to private information (Serial Number of my Hack etc.) being in the file. If you for what ever reason need further assistance, that has e.g. something to do with the problem files, just leave a reply :)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this - it helped me fix instant-wake in my Dell PowerEdge T30 in Catalina.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>_DSM to XDSM</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
X0RTTQ==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
WERTTQ==
</data>
</dict>

FIXED :D

Removed the _PWR methods of XDCI & HDAS in my DSDT and changed the _DSM methods to XDSM via Clover.
I don't know which one of them fixed it or if both together were needed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Hi JannisKe, can you kindly explain or provide me a link to do this PWR & XDSM thing which I want to resort to? My tech level stopped in tinkering Cloverconfigurator and I desperate to fix my haunting "sleep-immediate wake" issue (althought I have done USBport.kext and I am sure it works)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back