Contribute
Register

Help with understanding a bootlog.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have edited the SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM1.aml and edited the device address, to correspond with the details seen in the IOReg you posted earlier, i.e. (_SB.PCI0.NPE1.XGBE).

A copy of the saved SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM-EDH.dsl and the compiled .aml table are attached.

Try replacing the SSDT-TB3 you are using with the one below.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 24
@Edhawk - ah ok Ive used that method and it now has updated - Im using the Titan Ridge card...no change
you know I just looked again at my updated clover patched TB3 ami and the underscore is back again after the SB. I checked the file after editing it in dsl and it was as you want it to be but it keeps reverting

You know what it has appeared in the SSDT I edited too, maybe that isn't an error but part of the ACPI table layout.

I have had a look at a couple of other SSDT's, unrelated to your system and they have the same double underscore, so it probably isn't an error.

Editing the device name to match what was in your IOReg, should help. It may not solve all the issues but it should enable the system to see the TB card in the correct location. It may also help with the errors which were evident in the Bootlog you initially posted.

Hi - installed the ami which I appreciate you doing. No change - here's the bootlog

Attachments

• bootlog.txt 2.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 44
You know what it has appeared in the SSDT I edited too, maybe that isn't an error but part of the ACPI table layout.

I have had a look at a couple of other SSDT's, unrelated to your system and they have the same double underscore, so it probably isn't an error.

Editing the device name to match what was in your IOReg, should help. It may not solve all the issues but it should enable the system to see the TB card in the correct location. It may also help with the errors which were evident in the Bootlog you initially posted.
so here's something interesting - multiple restarts in clover and the TB devices are all showing in sys report but nothing is available from TB and stuff on the ports . The full speed ports are showing at 20Gbs - normally they are 40Gbs when active. I took another bootlog to compare which may help?

Attachments

• bootlog.txt3.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 39
Ok, that Bootlog is now huge, I had to copy what I think is the last bootlog from the txt file, so I can see what is happening and what if anything had changed.

It seems that your system takes around 2 minutes to complete the boot process, is that how long it feels like it takes to you when you first turn on the system?

Ok, that Bootlog is now huge, I had to copy what I think is the last bootlog from the txt file, so I can see what is happening and what if anything had changed.

It seems that your system takes around 2 minutes to complete the boot process, is that how long it feels like it takes to you when you first turn on the system?
no - its no more than 20 seconds total regardless of Clover or OC - do you think that if the other identifiable issues in there were addressed Tb may just be ok? Im just pondering that it might be prevented by, maybe the Usb issue you mentioned. My TB hub is full of stuff from all forms of usb to ethernet and audio in addition to the main tb devices. PS - I think I numbered the bootlogs

Yes, but the Bootlog just adds the next log to the bottom of the file. It is hard to tell where one finishes and the next starts, especially when the system is rebooted quickly. I have been looking at the time stamps and trying to work out when one log starts and finishes, so I am not lumping two logs together.

Glad to hear the boot up is normal, around 20 seconds.

I have attached a log 'TB Working 1' which shows what happens within the log when the TB device is recognised and activated.

I have attached an earlier log 'TB not working 1' which shows the types of errors that occur when the TB device is not activated.

Attachments

• TB not Working 1.zip
    68.1 KB · Views: 27
  • TB working1.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 29
I have been thinking we are going about this in a poor manner. We would be better served getting your system running well on OpenCore first. With the USB ports configured correctly, using a USBPorts.kext. While doing this initial OC fix, the TB card and any Audio devices would need to be removed, temporarily.

So when we finish the first stage we know the base workings of the system are OK.

At the moment we don't know that for sure.

Once the system is working well, then reintroduce the TB card, then the Audio (Focusrite) device, and then any other add on devices. So we know we are dealing with a single issue at each stage. At the moment we are dealing with too many issues that may be cross contaminating the errors we are seeing in the Bootlogs.

What do you think?

I have been thinking we are going about this in a poor manner. We would be better served getting your system running well on OpenCore first. With the USB ports configured correctly, using a USBPorts.kext. While doing this initial OC fix, the TB card and any Audio devices would need to be removed, temporarily.

So when we finish the first stage we know the base workings of the system are OK.

At the moment we don't know that for sure.

Once the system is working well, then reintroduce the TB card, then the Audio (Focusrite) device, and then any other add on devices. So we know we are dealing with a single issue at each stage. At the moment we are dealing with too many issues that may be cross contaminating the errors we are seeing in the Bootlogs.

What do you think?
I am so grateful for your assistance - I’m happy to try anything that may advance the process - is the oc build I supplied a starting point? The system drive is a nvme on a pcie card . There is a Focusrite dante pcie card that’s working fine in there in addition to to the tb card and the usb 3 card which also controls the usb3 ports on the case. The system drive has the clover EFI - Oc in test is booting from a usb stick . Just curious where in the world you are ? I’m in the Uk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back