Contribute
Register

Help with understanding a bootlog.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that there is a small error in the External (_SB_.PCI0.NPE1, DeviceObj) entry, as in an extra Underscore character in the device address, after the SB characters.

I think it should be (_SB.PCI0.NPE1, DeviceObj)

This is present in the SSDT-ACQU.aml and the SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM1.aml.

Fixing these two entries may help.

I think that there is a small error in the External (_SB_.PCI0.NPE1, DeviceObj) entry, as in an extra Underscore character in the device address, after the SB characters.

I think it should be (_SB.PCI0.NPE1, DeviceObj)

This is present in the SSDT-ACQU.aml and the SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM1.aml.

Fixing these two entries may help.
Hi Ed - As I mentioned I have removed the underscore after the SB in line 23 but after I save, if I open it again its back? Have you dispensed with the XGBE? for the time being I have removed the ssd-acqu.ami

does line 102 of SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM1.aml require changing too?

Last edited:
No, Line 102 is fine.

All you need to confirm is that the TB card is installed in Slot-3. As that is where all the device names point.

No, Line 102 is fine.

All you need to confirm is that the TB card is installed in Slot-3. As that is where all the device names point.
it is - weird I can't delete the underscore - I tried to duplicate the file in case it was corrupt but its the same - this is it below now - is there any mileage in clearing nvram?

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM2.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 38
You need to edit a disassembled copy of SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM1.aml, i.e. SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM1.dsl

And then save the edited/revised (.dsl) table as an ACPI Machine Language Binary (.aml) table, for any changes to stick.

Which Thunderbolt card does your system use?

You need to edit a disassembled copy of SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM1.aml, i.e. SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM1.dsl

And then save the edited/revised (.dsl) table as an ACPI Machine Language Binary (.aml) table, for any changes to stick.

Hi Ed,i wanted to say thanx for your help in the other page, sharing your EFI, but it seems to be down.So im folllowing you in this one. Again thanx, and I ll tell you later how it went :) ( sorry for the out of theme post :)

@Edhawk - ah ok Ive used that method and it now has updated - Im using the Titan Ridge card...no change

I have disassembled all the SSDT's in your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I have attached a copy of the disassembled tables for you to use when editing any of these ACPI tables.

Attachments

• disassembed SSDT.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 35
The Titan Ridge card has been installed in to Slot-3. Is that correct?

I have disassembled all the SSDT's in your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I have attached a copy of the disassembled tables for you to use when editing any of these ACPI tables.
wow that's very kind indeed - thank you - I think I edited it correctly in the manner you described - here's the latest bootlog
The Titan Ridge card has been installed in to Slot-3. Is that correct?
yes - tried it in slot 5 and slot 7 previously

Attachments

• bootlog.txt.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back