Contribute
Register

Help with understanding a bootlog.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not Ed - I feel your efforts to assist have def not been in vain....I think its unlikely I'll go to big sur with this build but do you think it would be a major headache if i did at a later stage?

No more of an issue than moving to Catalina. Installing Big Sur is no different to installing either of the previous two versions of macOS.

The OC folder you have for running Catalina would probably work with Big Sur, but I don't know what benefit you would gain from upgrading to Big Sur.

In fact your system is likely to have more issues to overcome, due to the devices and components that Apple have dropped native support for with the release of Big Sur.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I did say it was unlikely....Just wondering really.
Ive asked the question in the tb3 forum....will let you know what, if anything, happens....

Best of luck.

It's not going to solve any of the issues we were looking to fix in your system. As was stated in that post, most of the fixes are typo's. There are a few new options and some options removed, but nothing really significant as far as I could see.

So no I wouldn't rush to update your OC setup, maybe update with 0.6.8 or 0.6.9. Depending on what changes occur in either of those releases.

Hey, 26-pages of support guys. That's serious commitment! Congrats. :thumbup:

And I agree with the idea that changing a bootloader just for the sake of having the very latest is not a healthy idea. My Mojave system is running Clover 5102, way, way behind the cutting edge. But it is phenomenally reliable. So why change unless I need to?

OpenCore is still in Beta and things are changing more seriously under the hood, so when it gets updated you often have to rejig your config.plist and maybe file locations. So if you have a stable, happy system, don't necessarily upgrade for the sake of it unless you get significant advantages.

Well that's my two-penny worth! :D

@UtterDisbelief @Edhawk

Thank you for your comments Utter - Ed has been unbelievebly helpful to me, as you can see....Its very much appreciated! 10 years of hackintosh does remind not to mess with it for the sake of it. Its just there is a few things that remain unresolved which is why I posed the question.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back