Contribute
Register

Help with last errors on Clover build (IOUSBFamily and IOPlatformPluginUtil)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Finally got the last big error fixed with the Nvidia web drivers. My system seems to be running fine, it just takes a little longer to boot up, especially because of the IOUSBFamily error, since it keeps retrying. My system is using Clover as a bootloader, a Gigabyte Gaming 7 Mobo, and an i7 4790K. I'm using the iMac 14,2 system profile. All of the USB devices work fine, I just can't figure out how to get rid of the error so that the system will boot faster.
The IOUSBFamily error says that it is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. I can't seem to find a fix for this, any help is appreciated.
Also just noticed the IOPlatformPlugin which says: getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model.
I really want to solve the USB issue since that seems to make the system hang, but any help on either topic is appreciated.

Finally got the last big error fixed with the Nvidia web drivers. My system seems to be running fine, it just takes a little longer to boot up, especially because of the IOUSBFamily error, since it keeps retrying. My system is using Clover as a bootloader, a Gigabyte Gaming 7 Mobo, and an i7 4790K. I'm using the iMac 14,2 system profile. All of the USB devices work fine, I just can't figure out how to get rid of the error so that the system will boot faster.
The IOUSBFamily error says that it is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. I can't seem to find a fix for this, any help is appreciated.
Also just noticed the IOPlatformPlugin which says: getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model.
I really want to solve the USB issue since that seems to make the system hang, but any help on either topic is appreciated.
Anyone have any suggestions, I can't seem to find anything online for an answer.

Anyone have any suggestions, I can't seem to find anything online for an answer.

Please read the rules. Then fix your profile so that your system information is reflected in the right side bar below your user ID.... motherboard, cpu, gpu, memory all are important for responders to supply help.

Then you might attach you Clover config.plist, and identify the BIOS version that you have installed and what the USB settings you have in the BIOS.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back