Contribute
Register

Help with frozen screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I change the resolution on the mac?

Screen Shot 2013-05-26 at 15.45.04.jpgSystem Preferences/Displays.

Depending on your Display Best for Display is usually the best/safer option.

I have the solution to your problem. All you have to do is put the computer to sleep, wait until it is fully a sleep (no lights on), then wake it back up. I have the same issue and this fixes mine quickly. Its annoying but i don't reboot my computer often. This works best if your computer has a sleep button on the case.

I have another problem that is quite annoying. First of all, I use my hackintosh as media server so I have it set to never sleep. However, i do have it set to display sleep after like 5 mins or so. Every once and awhile when I wake up my computer (i.e. turn on the tv and tap the keyboard), that blue screen that usually pops up and goes away, stays there. The blue screen is solid blue and shows nothing. My media server still works while the blue screen is there but the computer is completely unusable. I then have to do a force shutdown by holding the power button to get things running again. I originally thought this was caused by teamviewer, which i stopped using. I think when I used teamviewer the problem happened more often. Do any of you guys no how to use this? Does intel 4000 graphics just suck?

Intel 3225 i3
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
320 GB Macbook Harddrive (will eventually upgrade to 128 SSD)
3 TB SATA 3 HDD
8GB RAM

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back