Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have Windows 8 installed on my primary drive in EFI mode, and OSX installed on my secondary drive in legacy mode. How can I load chameleon from within the Windows 8 bootloader?
Thanks, Grey
P.S.
I've tried chain0 and boot0. Both files say "The file was not found or is corrupted"

Also, here's a screenshot of my current, broken, setup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2szvt16z8mowip/Screenshot 2013-12-29 11.08.44.png

Are you absolutely certain? Last time I tried using clover, it wasn't able to boot my Windows 8 partition OR my OSX partition. Instead, when I selected to boot Windows 8, it got stuck on a black screen. It would simply reboot when I selected OS X.

Also, what about using GRUB to chainload boot0 off the OSX partition. Could it work?

Are you absolutely certain? Last time I tried using clover, it wasn't able to boot my Windows 8 partition OR my OSX partition. Instead, when I selected to boot Windows 8, it got stuck on a black screen. It would simply reboot when I selected OS X.

Also, what about using GRUB to chainload boot0 off the OSX partition. Could it work?

No ,Grub won't boot UEFI installed Win8.
Your aoptions are to correctly configure Clver to boot both Win8 and an EFI installed OS X or re-install Win8 on Legacy BIOS mode and use Chimera / Chameleon to boot both, or use the F hot key to select a boot device at the bootup of the UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back