Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
Intel core i7-3820
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070ti
I'm running msi z490 godlike mobo, GeForce rtx 2080 ti, intel i9 10900k. Any help would be much appreciated

Could I install my old gtx 670 alongside my rtx to use for mac?
Hi there.

None, sadly. The 2080 has never had driver support.

You can use the CPU's iGPU as a stop-gap.

Last edited:
Could I install my old gtx 670 alongside my rtx to use for mac?
Yes, you could. There are a few known issues with the GTX670 but hopefully yours will be fine. There was native support in macOS up to Catalina (I haven't heard an update for Big Sur yet).

What you need to do though is disable the 2080 while booting macOS. There are many patches available to do this for NVidia cards, but the easiest first attempt is to use the Whatevergreen boot-command option "-wegnoegpu" (without quotation marks).

Yes, you could. There are a few known issues with the GTX670 but hopefully yours will be fine. There was native support in macOS up to Catalina (I haven't heard an update for Big Sur yet).

What you need to do though is disable the 2080 while booting macOS. There are many patches available to do this for NVidia cards, but the easiest first attempt is to use the Whatevergreen boot-command option "-wegnoegpu" (without quotation marks).
Ok, so I've quickly built up my old computer that I had working with High Sierra but I'm having problems remembering the boot args I used to get it installing. Could you help with that? It's the pny gtx 670 on a sabertooth x79. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back