Contribute
Register

[HELP] Upgrading from El Cap from app store app

Status
Not open for further replies.
No specifics in post #1.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
I am away ATM, I can get that in a second. I gave the issue. In verbose, I get prohibited sign with garbled verbose. Last line says Waiting for Root Device.

I actually use a HDD. I know my specs very well.

Although you may know your specs, you did not provide them to those that might try to help.

See note regarding SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.

And no further ideas without EFI/Clover and verbose photo.

Although you may know your specs, you did not provide them to those that might try to help.

See note regarding SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.

And no further ideas without EFI/Clover and verbose photo.
I will provide those when I can. I still had issues with that kext (same issue). This was once a working 10.11.6 install.

I will provide those when I can. I still had issues with that kext (same issue). This was once a working 10.11.6 install.

I will wait for the details already requested.

"Still waiting for root" means the "root" partition never showed up. When booting from a partition on USB, indicates a USB problem. When booting from SATA, indicates a SATA problem.

So... be prepared to provide details on which partition/media you're booting the 10.12 installer from.

I will wait for the details already requested.

"Still waiting for root" means the "root" partition never showed up. When booting from a partition on USB, indicates a USB problem. When booting from SATA, indicates a SATA problem.

So... be prepared to provide details on which partition/media you're booting the 10.12 installer from.
I do work with Unix/Linux on a daily basis. I do know what it means. I will get the clover folder once I can. I am out and when I get back, I get school work to deal with.

OK. I got through phase 1 of install via USB (Clover was going a bit crazy, so I disabled a lot of settings and it booted, but I got a kp due to my IG platform Id so I removed it and it finally booted) but then it says:
"Cannot install macOS on this computer. Unable to unmount disk to repair."
Now what?

OK. I got through phase 1 of install via USB (Clover was going a bit crazy, so I disabled a lot of settings and it booted, but I got a kp due to my IG platform Id so I removed it and it finally booted) but then it says:
"Cannot install macOS on this computer. Unable to unmount disk to repair."
Now what?

Did you completely erase the target partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back