Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I am derping up with this. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5559 (specs in signature)

When booting with verbose and safe mode, I get a garbled prohibited sign with the last line saying, "Waiting for root device..."
Keep in mind that this isn't due to USB, but it is a direct upgrade from El Cap, from the internal HDD.
Recovery mode no longer works for some reason.

I've tried:
verbose + safe mode + cpus=1
verbose + safe mode
no boot options.

I've read up everything from the skylake guide, read lots of guides, but no luck.
config.plist is attached as well.
I'll update if I figure it out by myself

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 227
So just to clarify, is this during the installation process? Or is this after the whole install?
How many steps of installation did you get through? 1 or 2?
It's possible that it's not even fully installed yet.
Are you able to boot with usb without custom config.plist?

It didn't even make it to the install process. It was already denying me.
I don't get how or why it already does that.
I'm using BootDiskUtility to get a install USB running (my only real mac is now my sister's and she doesn't like sharing with me. Plus it is an early 2008 one, making it even more difficult).

I am derping up with this. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5559 (specs in signature)

When booting with verbose and safe mode, I get a garbled prohibited sign with the last line saying, "Waiting for root device..."
Keep in mind that this isn't due to USB, but it is a direct upgrade from El Cap, from the internal HDD.
Recovery mode no longer works for some reason.

I've tried:
verbose + safe mode + cpus=1
verbose + safe mode
no boot options.

I've read up everything from the skylake guide, read lots of guides, but no luck.
config.plist is attached as well.
I'll update if I figure it out by myself

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

If you're not able to see your HDD in Disk Utility, you will need to pay attention to the notes regarding SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext. But if your "internal HDD" is actually an M.2 SSD, perhaps it is NVMe. The FAQ has info on NVMe.

OK, I think it could be clover causing issues. I updated it before I started the macOS update.

OK, I think it could be clover causing issues. I updated it before I started the macOS update.

Read the guide (already linked) regarding specific Clover version recommendation.

You must not have read the post.
I made it very clear what is the issue.

No specifics in post #1.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back