Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel Gigabyte B460 AORUS PRO
CPU
i510400
Graphics
GTX 1650 + UHD 630
Hello,

i just installed Big sur without my Nvidia card successfully but i wanna install the gpu again with -wegnoegpu arg, my problem is when i switch the IGFX enabled and i change the priority to IGFX, my screen dont detect anything i cant even see the bios screen

specs :
- Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
- Intel Core i5 10400 with Intel UHD Graphics 630
- NVIDIA GTX 1650 super

Hello,

i just installed Big sur without my Nvidia card successfully but i wanna install the gpu again with -wegnoegpu arg, my problem is when i switch the IGFX enabled and i change the priority to IGFX, my screen dont detect anything i cant even see the bios screen

specs :
- Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
- Intel Core i5 10400 with Intel UHD Graphics 630
- NVIDIA GTX 1650 super
You want to use CPU integrated graphics with Big Sur? I suppose you should know, but just in case, did you connect your monitor to a port on the motherboard and did you switch the monitor input to that port?

am using one single HDMI cable and yes thats what i did its connected to the motherboard directly

My display screen has HDMI + VGA ports

The problem is none of my motherboard and GPU have a VGA port i'm thinking to buy an adapter HDMI to VGA what do you thing is it worth to try ? or maybe a DisplayPort to VGA idk yet

My display screen has HDMI + VGA ports

The problem is none of my motherboard and GPU have a VGA port i'm thinking to buy an adapter HDMI to VGA what do you thing is it worth to try ? or maybe a DisplayPort to VGA idk yet
If you don't even see the BIOS screen then I would reset the CMOS by shorting the motherboard pins. With your monitor attached to motherboard HDMI you should then get a signal. Work from there to adjust the BIOS for macOS.

:)

If you don't even see the BIOS screen then I would reset the CMOS by shorting the motherboard pins. With your monitor attached to motherboard HDMI you should then get a signal. Work from there to adjust the BIOS for macOS.

:)
if you clear the CMOS your bios settings will reset to factory default and i need my IGFX to be the default GPU on my motherboard, the only thing that worked with me is to remove the EGPU or to buy an AMD one right ? :(

if you clear the CMOS your bios settings will reset to factory default and i need my IGFX to be the default GPU on my motherboard, the only thing that worked with me is to remove the EGPU or to buy an AMD one right ? :(
Yes, the BIOS settings will reset, and then you should be able to enter BIOS to adjust the settings as necessary (to set the iGPU as default for example). It should be able to use integrated graphics to access the BIOS, not just a dedicated graphics card.

Yes, the BIOS settings will reset, and then you should be able to enter BIOS to adjust the settings as necessary (to set the iGPU as default for example). It should be able to use integrated graphics to access the BIOS, not just a dedicated graphics card.
Thats what i have done, the problem is the motherboard is ignoring the iGPU when its set to default output with eGPU installed

That's what i have done, the problem is the motherboard is ignoring the iGPU when its set to default output with eGPU installed
I don't quite understand. Can you see the BIOS screen when you switch the monitor input to the port connected to the motherboard (and not the graphics card), before and after you change the graphics default to the iGPU?

I don't quite understand. Can you see the BIOS screen when you switch the monitor input to the port connected to the motherboard (and not the graphics card), before and after you change the graphics default to the iGPU?
When my motherboard settings are on default everything is ok because the graphics card is the default one and the integrated is set to auto, the problem is when i switch the integrated to enabled and default one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back