Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help to enable SpeedStep of Pentium G3258 on Mojave needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-K/USB 3.1
CPU
G3258
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, kind people!
I had full working Speedstep on my system with El Capitan, but after installing Mojave i cant make it working again!
Help me please. Actually system is working only with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. As soon as i remove it from Extensions directory i've got kernel panic at the boot.
I tried to put SSDT.aml from my previous ElCapitan clover, tried to make new by different utilities, but still no luck.

My system is:
Pentium G3258
Asus Z97-K USB 3.1
Nvidia GTX 670

i''m attaching my new clover.plist of Mojave and old El Capitan one, which makes Speedstep fully working and overclocking my little Pentium from 3.2 to 4.5GHz. Now i see huge speed loss without SpeedStep on Mojave :( Please help, anybody! Also im attaching my working SSDT.aml from El Capitan.

Attachments

• El Capitan config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 217
  • El Capitan SSDT.aml
    807 bytes · Views: 140
  • Mojave config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 242
Solved by installing High Sierra. Was told that speedstep under Mojave needs AVX instructions that Pentium G3258 doesn’t support.

Mojave needs AVX instructions that Pentium G3258 doesn’t support.
The good news is: You can easily upgrade your CPU to a supported Haswell i3, i5 or i7 in the future and then be able to run Mojave or newer versions of macOS.

The good news is: You can easily upgrade your CPU to a supported Haswell i3, i5 or i7 in the future and then be able to run Mojave or newer versions of macOS.
Yeah, I know it. Wanna buy 4790K, but later. Upgrade was needed for running new RX 580. Big thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back