i3
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I'm experiencing sound distortion issues watching YouTube videos in Safari (8.02 - 10600.2.5) since updating to osx 10.10.1.

It starts about 8 minutes in to playing a YouTube video. The sound starts to crackle intermittently, the crackles getting longer and the sound becoming more and more distorted. At 9 minutes in, the sound disappears completely and the video continues running until 6 seconds later when the video speeds up to about 20x normal speed, still no sound. If I step back through the video it plays at normal speed but with very distorted,crackly sound.

I'm running the latest Flash version 16.0.0.287. Strangely I don't get the same issue using Chrome Browser.

I've tried using the Safari "ClicktoFlash 3.0" extension and forcing html5 with the same results. I've also tried disabling "Stop plugins to save power" in Safari "Advanced" settings, again no change.

I'm guessing it's a buffer issue as everything is fine for the first 8 minutes, but is this a Safari/Flash issue or 10.10.1 issue, and how can I fix it?

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be most grateful for the advice and support. Thanks in advance.

Hi. I'm experiencing sound distortion issues watching YouTube videos in Safari (8.02 - 10600.2.5) since updating to osx 10.10.1.

It starts about 8 minutes in to playing a YouTube video. The sound starts to crackle intermittently, the crackles getting longer and the sound becoming more and more distorted. At 9 minutes in, the sound disappears completely and the video continues running until 6 seconds later when the video speeds up to about 20x normal speed, still no sound. If I step back through the video it plays at normal speed but with very distorted,crackly sound.

I'm running the latest Flash version 16.0.0.287. Strangely I don't get the same issue using Chrome Browser.

I've tried using the Safari "ClicktoFlash 3.0" extension and forcing html5 with the same results. I've also tried disabling "Stop plugins to save power" in Safari "Advanced" settings, again no change.

I'm guessing it's a buffer issue as everything is fine for the first 8 minutes, but is this a Safari/Flash issue or 10.10.1 issue, and how can I fix it?

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be most grateful for the advice and support. Thanks in advance.

BUMP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back