Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help please Is it possible that some kext fails to load the installer? high sierra and catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 488267

The Captures are from Catalina, after a few minutes the forbidden symbol appears; as in High Sierra

Okay.

Usually the "forbidden" symbol appears when the installer USB stick cannot be found. This happens because the USB sub-system becomes disabled after boot but before the operating system takes over.

One way to cure this is to install the USBInjectAll.kext in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the UniBeast installer stick. However for Catalina, if you are using UniBeast it will already be there.

Other causes can be SATA controllers, but the Z170 should be okay.

:)

In neither of the two EFIS is USBInjectAll.kext.
I am going to add it to the installer and I will test it thanks for your help

Last edited:
Hi.
Thank you very much UtterDisbelief, thanks to you I have been able to install High Sierra, after 2 weeks of reading and impotence.
I appreciate your help.
a greeting

UtterDisbelief, could you tell me what hardware I need for the catalina.
Thank you

UtterDisbelief, could you tell me what hardware I need for the catalina.
Thank you

For Catalina you need to either replace your graphics card with a supported one like an old GTX 760 or a supported AMD card like the RX 580, or remove (or disable) the card and use CPU integrated graphics.

Thanks Jamesbond007.
the rest of the hardware is compatible? I mean the one in my profile.

Thanks Jamesbond007.
The rest of the hardware is compatible? I mean the one in my profile.

Yes, other than the graphics card, the rest is compatible with MacOS Catalina (and High Sierra and Mojave).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back