Contribute
Register

HELP PLEASE! Install finished, Cannot boot into setup. i5 6600k, Asus H110m, r7 250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus rog crosshair viii hero x570
CPU
Ryzen 9 3950X
Graphics
GTX 770 / RTX 2070 super
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I have been trying to install sierra at my new workplace on my new machine. All the parts are compatible (from what I have read) but im having trouble getting it done. I have got the OS installed but cannot get to the setup screen. I have tried a mixure of a lot of different BIOS settings etc to try and get to the setup screen (Bluetooth, Account etc) with no luck. Im really stuck on what to do next.

Parts:
i5 6600k
Asus H110M-A/M.2
AMD r7 250
8GB DDR3 RAM

If I boot from my graphics card I get a yellow screen with the cursor on it
Photo 31-07-2017, 13 58 43.jpg
log before yellow screen.
macosothererror.jpg
If I boot from my onboard graphics I get a system uptime error.
macOsError.jpg

Im really stuck on this and need to get it sorted asap. Any help would be amazing guys, im not sure what to do.

Last edited:
UPDATE* I have been able to access setup and proceed to the desktop by booting in Safe mode. However this is stopping me from installing UEIF boot mode, although I can install kexts but still cant boot without safe mode.

If anyone can provide any suggestions I could be greatful

If I boot from my onboard graphics I get a system uptime error.
DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger (128mb usually works well).

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID and enter 0x12345678

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger (128mb usually works well).

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID and enter 0x12345678

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

Hi BreBo,

thank you for your detailed response. I got past the boot stage and was able to get it booting okay. However I have been struggling to get the graphics working. I am stuck at 1280x1040 and not able to get the right graphics setup. Also 'about this mac' is telling me its the wrong card with 5mb (vs 2gb) of graphics. I have installed all the kexts above and two different readon kexts in an attempt to get it going. There is also some weird graphical glitches when using the system too, this can be seen below (the lock screen is much worse than the rest of the system).

Photo 01-08-2017, 21 19 01.jpg

Details of the current graphics showing
2017-08-01 22.41.30.jpg

Any more feedback would be amazing and help me out a lot.

Last edited:
What different Radeon kexts ?
Looks like you are trying to spoof HD 7870 / R9 270X with Device ID 0x6810

HD 7750 should work OOB, but has a black screen issue since 10.10.3, which can be solved.
See Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

When I looked in my system/library/extensions I found a lot of AMDX000 etc kexts which I had not installed as well as the AMD7000 & AMD4000 kexts which I did install.

Im unsure what to do from here. Do you think the AMD7000 kext with device ID 0x683D (HD 7770 / R7 250X) is the best choice? If so how do I get it to choose between the device ID?

What different Radeon kexts ?
Looks like you are trying to spoof HD 7870 / R9 270X with Device ID 0x6810

HD 7750 should work OOB, but has a black screen issue since 10.10.3, which can be solved.
See Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi BreBo,
I think i found what is the problem but unable to find a solution. So some of the ideas I had on how a couple things worked were misguided. I think the problem is the kext files im using. I have set the fake ID to 0x683D1002 which I believe is the right one for my card but I am still unable to get the kext files to load successfully. When I am rebuilding the kextcache I am getting a couple errors. Some errors are from other kexts but I noticed the AMD7000 & AMDReadeon4000X are giving off errors during this like 'amd7000controller.kext no compatible dependency' and 'amd7000controller missing dependencies' etc. I am now stuck and unable to debug this problem. Any feedback would be amazing. I am really stuck and need to get this desktop setup for work asap.

Here are more screenshots that may help.

2017-08-02 21.02.48.jpg

2017-08-02 21.03.04.jpg

2017-08-02 21.05.40.jpg

When I looked in my system/library/extensions I found a lot of AMDX000 etc kexts which I had not installed as well as the AMD7000 & AMD4000 kexts which I did install.
So how and where did you install the AMD7000 & AMD4000 kexts?
You shouldn't have to install any kexts from /System/Library/Extensions
I have set the fake ID to 0x683D1002 which I believe is the right one for my card but I am still unable to get the kext files to load successfully.
Your HD 7750 has DevID 0x683F and is supported OOB.
You shouldn't have to spoof or add the device ID to enable support.

So how and where did you install the AMD7000 & AMD4000 kexts?
You shouldn't have to install any kexts from /System/Library/Extensions

Your HD 7750 has DevID 0x683F and is supported OOB.
You shouldn't have to spoof or add the device ID to enable support.

I tried removing all the fakeID stuff etc but still run into the same problem. When I boot in it says the graphics is 'Display 5MB' when has glitchy graphics (icons are glitched out, lock screen is very glitchy with weird green artifacts).

I installed the AMD7000 & AMDReadeon4000x into /system/library/extensions using kext utility. What would you recommend I do?

Thank you for the help btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back