Contribute
Register

Help please! First time, nothing works... 10.8.3, GA-Z77-DS3H, i3 3225

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, updated the system definition in Multibeast (definition of Mac Mini 6,1 was not available in Chameleon Wizard, just 6,2 which is listed for i7's so I figured I should stick with 6,1), now set as a Mac Mini, still freezing after login. No text on the screen, nothing has changed. Next solution lol? Sorry to be such a pain, I just don't know what's going on. If it's this much trouble with hardware that's recommended for being simple to hack, I can't imagine what other builds must be like!:banghead:

Tried graphicsenabler=no using multibeast this morning, internal graphics are set to 64mb. A funny thing happened, it froze at the boot screen, not even getting me to login. I had to leave so I didn't get a chance to boot verbose to see exactly where it stopped, or to try re-enabling it with CW and trying to boot again. Any idea why it would cause it to fail during the boot process?

I'm sorry, I don't know why. Before resetting back to the previous attempt it would be worth a verbose boot just to see if anything can shed some light..

there are a few guys here with successful HD4000 setups though I haven't seen any with our motherboard, those guys tend to have dsdts that can be edited which may be the key.

Alternatively look for cheap graphics cards on eBay, here I've seen my card for £30, could be worth a try if all else fails..

Hey guys! I've been checking this post cause in the next few days I'm going to order the GA z77 ds3h and I plan to use it with onboard graphics for now. I'm worried I wont be able to make it work as well. You got my support and my curiosity for a solution! :)

Hey guys! I've been checking this post cause in the next few days I'm going to order the GA z77 ds3h and I plan to use it with onboard graphics for now. I'm worried I wont be able to make it work as well. You got my support and my curiosity for a solution! :)

Hi, mine ran ok with the onboard but it's a different processor to the op, mine has HD2500 rather than HD4000.

Firstly, this configuration is the easiest Hacintosh system I have set up so far, so don't give up there are just a few little hooks to figure out.

Don't use a system profile this buggers everything up. Also, just focus on getting the basic system booting before installing any kexts (except maybe ethernet).

Make sure you load PCIRootUID=1 in Multibeast. I also found that 10.8.3 doesn't like VTD which you can disable in your Bios settings.

Here is my plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

looks like with this post you guys are helping more than one or two people ! great!:D something that i thought.. could it be that the 1.1 revision of that board is "problematic" for a hackintosh build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back