Contribute
Register

Help please! First time, nothing works... 10.8.3, GA-Z77-DS3H, i3 3225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least I am not the only one! My motherboard is rev 1.1, I will try some of the things you guys mentioned when I get home this evening, I will post an updated status when I have something. Thanks for the help!!!

livinglegend

Not sure of your status as to instaled or not installing or is it partial installed.

The version 1.1 of this board has been a problem for many users where as the 1.0 is much less of a headache. THe change is in the Network chip that is used.

You should be using the iBoot For Ivy Bridge - latest one- which has some added tweeks for this version,
BIOS settings are very important for this board
First set bios setting to advanced settings as per the guide.
THis covers the install of sl ON THIS hardware but the settings are the same
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

You will need to set the power managent to S3 and the SATA to AHCi
You will need to enable the Legacy USB support
Turn of Viruilization support for now

You will need to set the Video to IGP ( internal Graphics not both or PEG)
You will need to set the video ram to 64 megs.

You can use both Dimms - you do not need to remove a Dimm - as Iboot has a built in limitation of the ram it will use and report - when it is being used (boot from).

You will need a DVI-D cable from the Video on the Motherboard to the Port on the monitor ( HDMI is also an option) ( no VGA adapter)
You will need to enable USB Support for mouse Kybrd
You will need to disable / check that you do not have any wake on lan etc enabled in the network.

Suggest reading these links for some background,
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...439-mountain-lion-ivy-bridge-ga-z77-ds3h.html
and
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...342-sno-leo-ga-z77-ud3h-w-i3-3225-mostly.html

You mentioned a BIOS that was higher than what others have used - you may want to down rev 1 level.

Suggest you contact the poster of those two links (Rich1940) and see if he can look at your posts and offer some assistance (BIOS level - pics of BIOS screens) etc.

Also when you boot from the Unibeast drive ( which should be a USB 2 stick on a USB 2 port for boot)
which I assume you have created w unibeast. You should use the start up command "-v PCIRootUID=0"

If you get issues w CPU power management (KP) suggest you add the "acpi=off" to that startup command.
So it becomes "-v PCIRootUID=0 acpi=off"

One other thing - if you have an older SATA Drive that is not being used you may want to try to install to that
use only the SATA ports on the Z77 - suggest the 3 gb ports not the two black ports (6gb)

take pics and repost

Hi! Im having SAME problems as you have.
My build is : GA-z77-dsh3 rev 1.0 + i5 3330 + 8gb 1600mhz kingston + 1tb seagate hdd. I updated to bios f10 .

I tried EVERYTHING . i cant boot without the -x flag. When I boot with no flags I get the cpupowermanagement error and after that I got the bluetooth driver when everything gets frozen.
I tried installing all kind of cpupowermanagement kext I found on multibeast 5.2.1 nothing seems to work. I also tried ALL audio voodoo and also ALC88/89 with no positive result (reinstalling EVERYTHING each time.):banghead:

I created ML 10.8.3 installer using unibeast....

I think we should try installing with 10.8.0 installer....

Im really desperate I have spent around +50hours of work in this...

You need a compatible GPU as your CPU only supports HD2500 graphics. Unlike the OP who has a HD4000 graphics capable cpu.

Allright, the outpouring of helpful suggestions is awesome! I will try to answer all of them with what happened, (please read to the bottom as my current status is there):

Jinhu: /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins does not exist, neither does OEMsmbios.kext, I'm guessing because it's a fresh install?

Freeman00725: ignore caches didn't work, still hung at the boot screen

aaron97: I'm not using a gpu, just the onboard graphics

tanahiro: I cannot find a setting labeled vt-d, I do have intel virtualization tech disabled though, is that the same thing? My internal graphics are set to enabled.

jbalint88: pcirootuid=0 did nothing, hung at the same code as before, XHCI and EHCI are both enabled, I haven't tried removing a ram card but other people say it doesn't make a difference? Can you explain why that could be an issue?

totenkopf4: thanks for the very detailed description, all of my bios settings are as you describe, but I am a little unsure of what you mean when you are suggesting i use iboot? Are you suggesting I install Snow Leopard first and then upgrade to Mountain Lion??

OK, now that I have addressed what everyone mentioned here's where I am at. I was able to boot using -x as I mentioned to jinhu earlier. I have not done anything since clicking through the apple set up screens (user id, password, etc.) Should I go ahead and try to install Multibeast while in safe mode? Will being in safe mode mess anything up with that installation? Or do I need to solve the boot issue first before running MultiBeast? For now I am going to leave it at the desktop, and wait for suggestions...

i just saw you don´t have the vd-t option because it´s rev 1.1. maybe you should order the rev. 1.0 version. i build a computer and it works great with ML. even usb3 works with the build in osx driver. i know it´s a lot of work to rebuild the hole machine but if you spend days installing it´s also a lot of work. maybe you could order the rev 1.0 and if it´s there before you get the machine to work you use it and send the other back and if you get it to work before you send it straight back... just an idea

All right folks! We've made progress...maybe. I booted in safe mode using -x, installed multi beast (installed ONLY DSDT Free option and the audio driver, NOTHING else), multibeast reported a successful install, and when I rebooted, TA-DA it booted from the SSD just fine. I punched in my password, and was greeted by the desktop of my very first hackintosh. And a mere few seconds later this happened:

image.jpg

HELP! I have no idea what any of that means, except that it can't be good... :/

Oh. And I can't get this stupid thing to post the image full size, so of course now, you can't read it... ugh...

You sound optimistic, which is exciting! The las few lines are:

Mac OS Version:
12D78

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 12.3.0: Sun Jan 6 22:37:10 PST 2013; root:xnu-2050.22.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: 3EB7D8A7-C2D3-32EC-80F4-AB37D61492C6
System model name: MacPro3,1 (Mac-F42C88C8)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 50039936930

Thanks for the help! Previous two lines are:

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: mds
Boot args: bootuuid=DE1A8680-7522-35E2-83AA-A590A747F3c8 rd=*uuid darkwake=0 -v

Also, at the top of the page there's a section that reads:

Kernel trap at 0xffffff8000243ccl, type 14=pagefault

Maybe thats it?

If it would be easier I can try emailing the image to you so you can see the whole thing?

I finaly made it.

I updated the bios to F10 , then I switched vd-t to disable . And boot with -V GraphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x2000. If it boots then you can use multibeast and kext utility for adding all essential kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back