Contribute
Register

HELP PLEASE! 5 days of attempts with no success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
Intel i7 3770k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been trying for days now to upgrade to Yosemite or ElCapitan. Whichever I can get to work first. I have followed each guide from to back that I have found on the forums. All either failing early or getting to the end and giving me "essentials.pkg" errors. More recently I have been running into mach_kernel missing.

I believe my setup is in my footer but I am on a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, i7 3770k, 16 gb RAM, GTX 980 Ti FTW and GTX 760.

Even to just get a completed install would make my day at this point, even with problems I could atleast work to fix them but this just isn't making sense to me.

Someone please help! It has literally been DAYS of creating flash drives and failing miserably every single time.

I actually FINALLY got it to successfully install!!!! What did it for me was switching to USB3.0 instead of 2..... yeah something so simple but yet you don't think about that, and I had to boot without caches. Since installing theres been a few cases where I have to boot without caches too, ill look into a fix or just boot with it, really either way i'm just relieved to finally be done ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back