ASUS ROG Strix B350F
CPU
Ryzen 3200G
Graphics
Visiontek RX 560M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I am currently trying to patch my DSDT/SSDT to get the brightness slider working for my Intel HD 4400 display. I've been trying to follow this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

I have the DSDT/SSDT files all in one folder on the desktop, but I'm having some trouble with disassembling them. I'm following the steps but I'm really confused as to why it's not doing it right for me.

I attached a screenshot of the command I'm punching into terminal, maybe there's some error in that?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 2.41.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 2.41.36 PM.png
    628.4 KB · Views: 199
I finally got it....figured out after reading a bunch of times that iasl was in the wrong spot, moved it & tried the command with success.

I'm getting a bunch of errors after patching & it won't allow me to save.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.52.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 3.52.30 PM.png
    478.6 KB · Views: 150
Fix all errors before applying patches. No idea without seeing your files.

Didn't extract them as a whole, that was the problem. Fixed it & applied the brightness patch, but I need to install the ACPIBacklight.kext & I am unsure of how to get the kext from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Do I have to compile it or something? I am unsure of how to do that if that is the case.

Not sure how you missed it:
View attachment 139394

I got everything patched, installed, and working on Yosemite 10.10.0, brightness slider was working great. I've now updated to Yosemite 10.10.3 & my graphics are glitchy & slow to respond at times. Also the brightness slider is now gone. Any idea what could be going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back