Contribute
Register

Help needed patching DSDT for working battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I decided to dive into turning my laptop into a hackintosh recently and after a lot of ups and downs I've got most things working. Amongst the few things my noobish brain hasn't figured out yet is how to patch the DSDT for my laptop. I found Rehabman's guide but I'm too dumb to get it working, there is a patch text for my laptop specifically under his battery patches but I don't understand what I'm to do with the file. My laptop is an HP Envy 17t j000. If anyone can guide me through i would be so so thankful I'm almost at the finish line(I hope)?!

Hi, I decided to dive into turning my laptop into a hackintosh recently and after a lot of ups and downs I've got most things working. Amongst the few things my noobish brain hasn't figured out yet is how to patch the DSDT for my laptop. I found Rehabman's guide but I'm too dumb to get it working, there is a patch text for my laptop specifically under his battery patches but I don't understand what I'm to do with the file. My laptop is an HP Envy 17t j000. If anyone can guide me through i would be so so thankful I'm almost at the finish line(I hope)?!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

Apply existing patch to your DSDT and install ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

I figured out how to patch it, but I also saw you have an existing patch for intel hd 4600. Would it be possible to use two patches on the DSDT?

I figured out how to patch it, but I also saw you have an existing patch for intel hd 4600. Would it be possible to use two patches on the DSDT?

No need to patch for HD4600 with Clover, although you can use the patch instead of Clover injection if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back