HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I'm trying to get Yosemite running properly on a prebuilt LGA 2011 Dell tower. I believe the motherboard is Dell-specific. I have installed Yosemite and I can boot to it from the UniBeast USB using:

Code:
-x npci=0x3000 cpus=1

I have no idea what options to choose in MultiBeast, whether a DSDT will be required and whether any extra kexts are needed. I do have a full system report from lshw. Here's some basic information; please let me know if any more is required.

CPUs (2×): Intel Xeon E5-2609 v2 @ 2.50GHz
RAM: DIMM DDR3 1866 MHz 8GB × 4
Ethernet interface: Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
SATA/USB/PCI/Audio: Intel C600/X79 series chipset
GPU: NVIDIA GF119 [NVS 310]

I'd really appreciate some help from the experts to get this beast running smoothly.

Thanks for reading!

Just an update: I ran MultiBeast and installed the following:

Fake SMC + App + Plugins
AppleIntel E1000e 3.1.0
Intel Generic AHCI SATA
IOAHCI
NullCPUPowerManagement
Chimera
System Def MacPro 6,1

With the above I can boot without the UniBeast USB using the flag npci=0x3000. However performance is very choppy (e.g. have to wait several seconds for clicks in the menu bar or opening/closing finder windows to register) and I get system alerts saying "a graphics problem has been detected". I've tried both GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I guess the video card is what's causing the problems? I looked on the NVIDIA site and there's no Mac driver for the NVS 310, but the system detects it (it's listed correctly in Hardware Profile). I wish I could just sub in another GPU but it's a work PC so that's a no-go. Anyone got any other suggestions? Should I try over in the Graphics forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back