Contribute
Register

HELP! KEXTS NOT WORKING IN VENTURA (MSI B560M PRO-VDH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edhawk

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
RX 6700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
UTBMap.kext is trying to activate 16 ports, the limit is 15. You need to edit this kext so it is only activating 15 USB ports.

CPUFriend.kext requires a Data kext or SSDT to work with your system. I would remove this kext as it is not doing anything orphaned as it is in your setup.

BlueToolFixup.kext is being used on its own, which is unusual. Which type/make and model of Bluetooth module are you using in your system?

Realtek8111.kext is not meant for use with a 2.5GB Ethernet controller. It is only meant for use with 1GB Ethernet controllers, so of course it is not working. You should remove this kext from your OC setup as it is not required and will never work with your Ethernet controller. You should be using LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext with your 2.5GB Ethernet controller.

You have a patch in your OC config.plist for the Intel 225-V Ethernet controller, this is not required and should be removed from the config.plist.

Your Nvidia GTX 670 is not supported in MacOS Ventura or Monterey for that matter. Support for Nvidia discrete GPU's was dropped with the initial public release of Monterey.

You have included your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID in your config.plist. This is plain and simply stupid. As now anyone reading this post, downloading a copy of your EFI will be able to use your SMBIOS data. Your initial post has been moved to a non-public forum, where it will eventually be deleted. If you choose to share your EFI folder or even just the config.plist, always redact/delete the Serial Number from the config before you post a copy here or on any other site.

I would recommend you regenerate an iMac20,1 SMBIOS for your system.

Just make sure you sign out of any Apple services - iCloud, Messages, AppStore, Music etc. before you use the new SMBIOS data.

UTBMap.kext is trying to activate 16 ports, the limit is 15. You need to edit this kext so it is only activating 15 USB ports.

CPUFriend.kext requires a Data kext or SSDT to work with your system. I would remove this kext as it is not doing anything orphaned as it is in your setup.

BlueToolFixup.kext is being used on its own, which is unusual. Which type/make and model of Bluetooth module are you using in your system?

Realtek8111.kext is not meant for use with a 2.5GB Ethernet controller. It is only meant for use with 1GB Ethernet controllers, so of course it is not working. You should remove this kext from your OC setup as it is not required and will never work with your Ethernet controller. You should be using LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext with your 2.5GB Ethernet controller.

You have a patch in your OC config.plist for the Intel 225-V Ethernet controller, this is not required and should be removed from the config.plist.

Your Nvidia GTX 670 is not supported in MacOS Ventura or Monterey for that matter. Support for Nvidia discrete GPU's was dropped with the initial public release of Monterey.

You have included your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID in your config.plist. This is plain and simply stupid. As now anyone reading this post, downloading a copy of your EFI will be able to use your SMBIOS data. Your initial post has been moved to a non-public forum, where it will eventually be deleted. If you choose to share your EFI folder or even just the config.plist, always redact/delete the Serial Number from the config before you post a copy here or on any other site.

I would recommend you regenerate an iMac20,1 SMBIOS for your system.

Just make sure you sign out of any Apple services - iCloud, Messages, AppStore, Music etc. before you use the new SMBIOS data.

Hi @Edhawk - the OP has been removed by someone (else)?

No, I removed his first post. So his EFI wasn't available due to him including his Serial number in the config.plist.

But I left the answers he was looking for.

I probably should have quoted his post so people understood what I was answering, but I'm not having a great time thinking through things today! I'll edit my post to include a quote of his questions.

I have Ventura installed in my MSI B560m and some kext are not working for some reason. I left my EFI folder attached and would apreciate any help I can get here.

Working Kext
AppleALC.kext for Sound
BlueToolFixup for my TPlink
Nvidia keppler kext via OpenCore Legacy Patcher

Kexts Not Working:
RealtekRTL8111
USBToolBox
UTBMap (already mapped in windows)

MSI B560m PRO-VDH
i5-10400
GTX 670
32gb DDR4
Copy of original post #1, but without the EFI folder.

Thanks for the advice, I totally forgot to removed info from my config.plist file. I've generated a new one. I haven't added any apple device until I have it working 100%.

I was confused with the RealtekRTL8111 because for some reason is working on another ventura hard drive with Clover, but since OC is totally different. I will do another port mapping in windows.

removed CPUFriend.kext, RTL8111 kexts and put the LucyRTL and is working fine. Bluettooth.

Thanks again for the advice, very welcome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back