Contribute
Register

[HELP] [KABY LAKE] [macOS High Sierra Install]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is FakePCIID along with FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics required in this case?

There is nothing in FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext for Kaby Lake device-ids.
If you install it on Kaby Lake hardware (not using Skylake spoof), it will have no effect.

Is there a way to make I2C trackpad work on Kaby Lake??

Anyone?

I already knew about that. But sadly, it has no Kaby Lake support.

Something out of the context, as I2C is pretty much the standard now, with all major OEMs switchiting to it for precision trackpads, aren’t you creating your version of some kext for I2C HID interface?

Regards

I already knew about that. But sadly, it has no Kaby Lake support.

Something out of the context, as I2C is pretty much the standard now, with all major OEMs switchiting to it for precision trackpads, aren’t you creating your version of some kext for I2C HID interface?

Regards

Trackpad and I2C has nothing to do with KabyLake (Kaby Lake is a CPU).

Read FAQ topic regarding I2C.

I am facing a very strange issue on dropping all the OEM tables in Clover's config.plist.

Everything loads up fine but just before the login screen there comes an error saying :-

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I have attached the screenshot of that error.

Problem reporting files are attached below, A few things to note in them :-

• DROP_OEM is set to false in order to be able to boot.
  • SSDT with table id SgUlt(SSDT-12) is dropped as it calls the method _OFF in order to disable Optimus. (I cannot use DROP_OEM)
  • I have removed VoodooPS2 Trackpad and Mouse kexts from plugins of PS2 controller upon posting this file, still the same error.
Regards

Attachments

• problem_reports.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
Also, one more error, Upon waking from sleep the display goes all crazy with some blurry lines, the problem reporting files are the same hence, not attaching them again.

I have tried turning on graphics card before sleep and then turn it off again while waking up, from _REG in DSDT, doesn't help, hence it is not present in the patched DSDT attached above.

Sleep and Speed Stepping are working properly, verified with x86PlatformPlugin loading in IOReg.

Regards

I am facing a very strange issue on dropping all the OEM tables in Clover's config.plist.

Everything loads up fine but just before the login screen there comes an error saying :-

I have attached the screenshot of that error.

Problem reporting files are attached below, A few things to note in them :-

• DROP_OEM is set to false in order to be able to boot.
  • SSDT with table id SgUlt(SSDT-12) is dropped as it calls the method _OFF in order to disable Optimus. (I cannot use DROP_OEM)
  • I have removed VoodooPS2 Trackpad and Mouse kexts from plugins of PS2 controller upon posting this file, still the same error.
Regards

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry, didn't include patchmatic output coz it just dumps all the DSDTs and SSDTs that are currently loaded, right?

Anyways, here it is:-

Attachments

• Patchmatic_Out.zip
    82.3 KB · Views: 72
Sorry, didn't include patchmatic output coz it just dumps all the DSDTs and SSDTs that are currently loaded, right?

Anyways, here it is:-

The ioreg and patchmatic output implies you can boot.
What is the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back