Contribute
Register

Help! ~ Just flashed Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 bios to UEFI and now I have Kernel Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3)
CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K
Graphics
HD4000 on board
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Hopefully you can help. I've had a very stable build running Lion and I decided to updates bios today. Anyway, the flash of the bios was fine, but now I get a kernel panic when I try to reboot. I setup the BIOS as described here in the forums and have changed a couple of things to get it going. No go so far. Does anyone have ideas for a fix? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi all,

Hopefully you can help. I've had a very stable build running Lion and I decided to updates bios today. Anyway, the flash of the bios was fine, but now I get a kernel panic when I try to reboot. I setup the BIOS as described here in the forums and have changed a couple of things to get it going. No go so far. Does anyone have ideas for a fix? Thanks in advance for the help.

Did you delete your DSDT before flashing? You may not have and that could be a problem.

Hi all,

did you update the dsdt before you updated the bios. if not your old dsdt won´t fit to the new bios. plug our osx partition to another mac via usb adapter, run multi beast with direction to that partition.

Unfortunately I did not delete the old dsdt. The OSX partition is on an SSD drive in the case. I'll try to figure out how to get it hooked to another Mac and give Multibeast a shot. Thanks for the quick responses!!

To clarify. Since I updated the bios to UEFI I should just delete the dsdt. Correct?

Dumb question, but where is it located. Searching OSX SSD and dsdt.aml nowhere to be found.

Under /extre there is only the SSDT.aml. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back