Contribute
Register

HELP Installing Yosemite on Intel DH77EB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Unibeast. What changes do I have to do to Yosemite? If I enable UEFI in BIOS, OS X does not work anymore, until I disable it again.

I am using Unibeast. What changes do I have to do to Yosemite? If I enable UEFI in BIOS, OS X does not work anymore, until I disable it again.

What about enabling both UEFI and Legacy and then the other steps I listed.
Does too disable the disk containing OSX in mSATA port?

For Chameleon/Chimera boot loader nothing special in the BIOS other than choosing what you had for installation .

But I don't know enough about Clover Bootloader. I have used a couple of times and gave up because of long booting time compared to Chimera /chameleon on the HDD. I have not done much tests on Clover after that.

I don't remember seeing "Legacy boot" inside my Intel BIOS, I will check again, but "Internal UEFI Shell" definitely is nowhere.

I don't remember seeing "Legacy boot" inside my Intel BIOS, I will check again, but "Internal UEFI Shell" definitely is nowhere.

I have not used that board. But have seen other models of Intel and made a guess. You may not have such options and hence you may be limited as to how you can tweak it any more. I guess you can transfer this SATA or SSD containing Yosemite to a non- mSATA port and use the mSATA to connect another SATA drive to be used as Storage Disk.

Ok so I just bought an mSATA to SATA adapter, since my computer does not boot straight from mSATA, unless I press F10 for to enter boot menu. I was hoping to solve the problem, but it's the same. It looks like my motherboard does the same with every SSD, unless I enable UEFI in the BIOS. But if I do that, Yosemite has problems booting. After the Unibeast screen (or whatever it's called) show up, I get a short error message which I haven't memorized. It says something, then to press any key. And if I indeed press repeatedly any key, Yosemite will finally boot after a couple of minutes.

I would like to be able to not reinstall OS X. So what do I need to change so that it will boot fine with UEFI Enabled in BIOS? I read somewhere about needing to install Clover Bootloader. Is it possible to switch from Unibeast to Clover now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back