Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried everything on my own, but I give up. I really need help, please!

I tried installing Yosemite maybe ten times, or more, without luck, with Multibeast and then with Clover and still nothing.

Firstly I need to launch everything with "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" -x or otherwise I won't even be able to install OS X. Then I have to launch the os with the same code and everything works, except the audio, until I install Multibeast or Clover. I can never get it to boot up from the mSATA. With Multibeast I get kernel error and with Clover it remains at apple logo.

I've tried to read all sorts of tutorials, but I can't understand much of 'em, because I'm new to Hackintosh and I am not a programmer.

I really hope anyone can help me successfully install Yosemite on my system configuration.

I've tried everything on my own, but I give up. I really need help, please!

I tried installing Yosemite maybe ten times, or more, without luck, with Multibeast and then with Clover and still nothing.

Firstly I need to launch everything with "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" -x or otherwise I won't even be able to install OS X. Then I have to launch the os with the same code and everything works, except the audio, until I install Multibeast or Clover. I can never get it to boot up from the mSATA. With Multibeast I get kernel error and with Clover it remains at apple logo.

I've tried to read all sorts of tutorials, but I can't understand much of 'em, because I'm new to Hackintosh and I am not a programmer.

I really hope anyone can help me successfully install Yosemite on my system configuration.

For a successful Yosemite installation :
  • Choose at the minimum a compatible Motherboard, CPU and Graphic Card either Integrated with the MoBo or PCIE . I hope you have researched and your choice of these hardware plus the RAM , HDD and Monitor , KB and Mouse are all appropriate for OSX install.
  • Monitor connected to the Video card's HDMI or DVI port? Video card either integrated or PCIE
  • USB2 ports have only the USB Installer , mouse and keyboard connected and rest free of devices until successful HDD installation.
  • Avoid using USB3 during HDD installation.
  • Create a Yosemite USB installer using Unibeast method or Clover method as very clearly described in Tonymac Guides.
  • I hope you meant you had created both types . Please mention the version of Unibeast or Clover used. If both are latest (Unibeast 5.1.0 and Clover2.3k_r3215) indicating that is very helpful.
  • Since you have chosen an Intel MoBo which has a different type of BIOS interface and accessing method compared to the more common Gigabyte/MSI/Asus/Asrock most here are familiar, you need to very clearly list your BIOS settings choices for USB Installer/YOS HD boot.

• SATA Controller mode >AHCI
Boot order USB FD #1 and Target HDD #2
Set USB drive to the highest boot priority.
If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it.
If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it.
If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it.
If your system has OS Type, set it to Other OS.
Save and exit.

During the boot use -v boot flag in addition to any other to get a verbose boot.

If there are problem describe them along with an uploaded text based image of the screen from the verbose boot.

Last edited:
_MG_4156.JPG_MG_4155.JPG_MG_4157.JPG_MG_4158.JPG_MG_4159.JPG

I am using the latest version of Unibeast 5.1.0
I output video through DVI to a 24" 1920x1080 display and I use Intel HD 4000.
The pictures show the settings I have in BIOS. Beside the mouse, keyboard and usb stick with OS X installer, I had the printer attached to one usb port.
Also you should know I am trying to install Yosemite on an mSATA drive. Until it's done, I have unplugged all other HDDs from the sata ports.
I hope this helps, if anything else is needed, I will repost here.
Thank you!

I tried once again to install it. This time I didn't need to insert -x
Everything was fine until after the installation of Multibeast when I had to restart.
_MG_4161.jpg

Now what? :(

View attachment 140335View attachment 140334View attachment 140336View attachment 140337View attachment 140338

I am using the latest version of Unibeast 5.1.0
I output video through DVI to a 24" 1920x1080 display and I use Intel HD 4000.
The pictures show the settings I have in BIOS. Beside the mouse, keyboard and usb stick with OS X installer, I had the
printer attached to one usb port.
Also you should know
I am trying to install Yosemite on an mSATA drive
. Until it's done, I have unplugged all other HDDs from the sata ports.
I hope this helps, if anything else is needed, I will repost here.
Thank you!

It took a while to go through your BIOS Images. Although it helped me learn about the Intel BIOS Interface on your MoBO I could not seem to get the images as a continuous Preview in my system and had to go back and forth to view them one at a time!

First, I must make a disclaimer: I have not installed YOS on mSATA HDD anytime before; but I’ve read about successful installs by others.

On your BIOS eSATA port may be disabled as you have no eSata HDD anyway

Your HDMI/Display port Audio is Disabled and Front Panel Audio is Enabled meaning you want Audio only from the Front panel. Is that your Intentional choice?
In your BIOS settings Please change VT-d to Disabled . OSX cannot deal with enabled VT-d
I think rest of your BIOS options look OK.

For now I would even get then USB printer disconnected until we get a Yosemite System fully installed on HDD

If you can boot your system with Unibeast Yosemite USB installer with just the -v flag and observe the verbose screen for any errors and if found post with image , we can see what we need to do next.

Good luck

I tried once again to install it. This time I didn't need to insert -x
Everything was fine until after the installation of Multibeast when I had to restart.
View attachment 140344

Now what? :(
This shows KP from unpatched IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
Multibeast7.3 has patched kext. You probably did not select.
Troubleshoot for this is complicated Terminal Commands to backup the IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and IntelCPUPowerManagement.client kext from /Volume/System/Library/Extension folder

If you want to go through that I can suggest some steps in a later post.

I finally fixed it and now I am able to boot Yosemite.

I found the fix here: http://givemesome.tips/fix-kernel-panic-by-appleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-1072/

I managed to make the sound work, now the only thing not working is Ethernet and of course booting straight to msata without entering boot menu.

Thank you guys for all the tips! One of the problems was Vd-t, which I was not aware that it had to be disabled.

I still have to fix Ethernet and the msata boot problem.

I finally fixed it and now I am able to boot Yosemite.

I found the fix here: http://givemesome.tips/fix-kernel-panic-by-appleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-1072/

I managed to make the sound work, now the only thing not working is Ethernet and of course booting straight to msata without entering boot menu.

Thank you guys for all the tips! One of the problems was Vd-t, which I was not aware that it had to be disabled.

I still have to
fix Ethernet and the msata boot problem
CONGRATS!!!! :)
Good to know you did the Single Mode - Terminal Command-troubleshoot for your Kernel Panic due to *AppleInetelCPUPowerManagement kext.
I did not have to post the steps:) .

I hope you have installed the patched kext for AICPUPM or simply NullCpuPowermanagement

What is your Ethernet problem? Haven't you installed the Intel Ethernet Kext ? What does Apple icon>About This Mac>System Report..>Ethernet Card show?

A copy and paste of your org.Chameleon.Boot.plist file [/Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist ]

can be helpful to know about some boot related issues.

Haven't you already made your mSATA as the first boot device in BIOS?

CONGRATS!!!! :)
Good to know you did the Single Mode - Terminal Command-troubleshoot for your Kernel Panic due to *AppleInetelCPUPowerManagement kext.
I did not have to post the steps:) .

I hope you have installed the patched kext for AICPUPM or simply NullCpuPowermanagement

What is your Ethernet problem? Haven't you installed the Intel Ethernet Kext ? What does Apple icon>About This Mac>System Report..>Ethernet Card show?

A copy and paste of your org.Chameleon.Boot.plist file [/Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist ]

can be helpful to know about some boot related issues.

Haven't you already made your mSATA as the first boot device in BIOS?

I solved Ethernet with an All in one Ethernet package I found online and everything is fine. I am online on the hackintosh now.

I haven't installed the patched kext for AICPUPM or simply NullCpuPowermanagement. Is it bad Everything works so far.

And about the mSata, I selected it as the first device in BIOS, but that doesn't help.

I assume I need backups for when I want to do future updates. How do I make full backups of the drive with OS X?

I solved Ethernet with an All in one Ethernet package I found online and everything is fine. I am online on the hackintosh now.

I haven't installed the patched kext for AICPUPM or simply NullCpuPowermanagement. Is it bad Everything works so far.

And about the mSata, I selected it as the first device in BIOS, but that doesn't help.

I assume I need backups for when I want to do future updates. How do I make full backups of the drive with OS X
?

When you used the Terminal command to back up or delete the *AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and if you have not installed the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerMnagement.kext , the result is similar to NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installation. That will cure the Kernel Panic from the AppleIntelCPUPowerMnagement.kext that is incompatible with Hackintosh Yosemite but also stop CPU Power Management. You system will always be using Power and devices there continue to be working even when you are away. Energy waste, overheating, early device damage etc can occur. You may see lights at night , noise from fan from the machine. Fans can die soon and that can cause overheating and computer freeze. If you are in the habit of turning Power off the moment you finish working on it, you assume the role of the Computer Power Manager and there won't be any problem:)

I assume I need backups for when I want to do future updates. How do I make full backups of the drive with OS X
?

The article here can say a lot better about it than I can ; take a look http://www.macworld.com/article/2855735/the-paranoid-persons-guide-to-a-complete-mac-backup.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back