Contribute
Register

HELP Installing Yosemite on Intel DH77EB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me how to install the patched kext for AICPUPM?

Since I am new to hackintosh, I hope this is not a dumb question: is it safe to mess around with Multibeast now that Yosemite is already working fine?

Since I am new to hackintosh, I hope this is not a dumb question: is it safe to mess around with Multibeast now that Yosemite is already working fine?

There are no dumb questions but I cannot guarantee that about my answers:D
I will try to give a multi-part answer as it is really a valid question like " if ain't broke do I have to fix it?"

1. I have one Yosemite Hackintosh desktop I had to delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManger kext AppleIntelCPUPowerManger client kext for the exact same KP. I have left it for a year and no damage what so ever has happened to it. I use it briefly and shut it down
  2. I have another one where I have installed patched kext and I may leave it on and when I come it may be sleeping and I may have to hit the PWR switch to wake it up!
  3. I have a Notebook with Hackintosh Mav I have patched . I would not have left it unpatched.
  4. Multibeast's driver interface acts just like any driver installing software. I have not had any problem to run it a second or third time
  5. If you are still concerned , you may be able to download the patched kext if you make a search and then install using any Kext Utilities like Kext wizard.
If you still feel confused ask Masters like Tonymac , Rehabman (he has modified the kext used in Multibeast I think) They will give a more authoritative answer.

Is it possible to set boot instructions on another hdd? My motherboard doesn't boot straight from msata, unless I press F10 wich enters boot menu and then select the msata.

Is it possible to set boot instructions on another hdd? My motherboard doesn't boot straight from msata, unless I press F10 wich enters boot menu and then select the msata.

Set HDD as the first boot device in boot priorities and then make the SSD as the first device in the hard disk priority section.

Make a backup of your existing hackintosh and you can mess with your hackintosh and if anything happened just restore from the backup and start over.

I found out that by enabling UEFI in BIOS, I can boot straight from msata without pressing F10 to enter boot menu, but Yosemite doesn't boot because I haven't installed it with UEFI. Again, I don't know much about hackintosh and I don't even know what UEFI is.
Can I not reinstall Yosemite and change it so that it has UEFI? I already installed apps and started working and I wouldn't want to go through the install process again.

Once again, thank you for your help!

I found out that by enabling UEFI in BIOS, I can boot straight from msata without pressing F10 to enter boot menu, but Yosemite doesn't boot because I haven't installed it with UEFI. Again, I don't know much about hackintosh and I don't even know what UEFI is.
Can I not reinstall Yosemite and change it so that it has UEFI? I already installed apps and started working and I wouldn't want to go through the install process again.

Once again, thank you for your help!

Please try and see if the following steps would help you:
  • Go to the BIOS Setup screen

• Enable UEFI and Legacy boot
  • Make SSD as a first boot device
  • Go to Advanced/Boot configuration/Boot devices menu uncheck the box against Internal UEFI Shell like:
[ ] Internal UEFI Shell i.e. remove check mark from that box

Save the BIOS setup and reboot to see if you can get mSATA drive to boot
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back