Contribute
Register

Help installing drivers and correct BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, I recently took a leap of faith and bought parts for a hackintosh build.
I just completed it, and have installed OSX correctly.
I'm running into huge issues with understanding which things i need to install with the multibeast tool, and what settings i need to have for my mobo bios for it to function properly.
I keep getting a ton of errors, freezing on start, laggy mouse, ect.
I've had to wipe the drive and reinstall the OS to have another go at the drivers and they're still messed up.
I'm not a huge computer wiz and a lot of these terms are way over my head.
I was hoping someone could lay out all the drivers and settings ill need in multibeast and for my mobo bios. I would appreciate it greatly. I've already sunk 6 hours into trouble shooting and reading stuff and at this point i rather just reach out for help.

My set up is..
Gigabyte- GA-z97X-UD7-TH
Intel i7 4790k
Corsair Ballistix Sport 16gb (8x2)

Let me know if you need more information, thank you for your time.

Its also worth noting, that when i've just completed a fresh install of the OS
Everything is functioning properly, its not untill after i have installed any drivers and rebooted that my system begins acting weird and glitchy.
Do i even need to use multibeast ?
It seemed fine without any extra stuff.

Its also worth noting, that when i've just completed a fresh install of the OS
Everything is functioning properly, its not untill after i have installed any drivers and rebooted that my system begins acting weird and glitchy.
Do i even need to use multibeast ?
It seemed fine without any extra stuff.

I'm not sure how the thunderbolt affects your setup but I would try these multibeast settings as they match your system.

So on the quickstart tab just select DSDT Free and then just select the remaining options to match the attached settings. Note, you need to uncheck the Generate CPU States. Also, you should verify that the BIOS version of your board supports the 4790. If it's doesn't just download the latest one from the Gigabyte site.

The bios settings should be just as described in the installation guide.

Hope that helps

Attachments

• Mb Settings.png
    Mb Settings.png
    138 KB · Views: 126
I may be speaking to soon but it looks like you've done it !
Thank you so much, i wish i had reached out sooner.
I would have saved 6 hours and 3 re installs.
Thank you !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back