Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
I am not sure under which area to post this..

Short story: How do I reinstall Clover?

Long story:

Earlier, I tried upgrading to Sierra from El Capitan, following a guide that was pinned here (titled something like "Upgrading to Sierra using Clover", something like that.. )
That worked ok, I only needed to get sound going and get the proper nvidia drivers. The Nvidia Sys pref pane said there was an update, so I let it get it. Mistake? It was not booting afterwards..

I then thought I could turn off the boot line about nvidia, tried booting without it, still failed..

Then, I thought I had messed up Clover (boot loader?) for that install, so I booted from the backup partition ( I use Super Duper) and that I could run Clover Configurator, etc to fix it. After that it's just a blur. I know I tried running Unibeast too. How did I think I could manage this so easily??

So, Help!! How do I get Clover fine again so that I can either 1) Fix the Sierra Install or 2) Wipe the Sierra partition and reinstall El Capitan from backup?

I am not sure under which area to post this..

Short story: How do I reinstall Clover?

Long story:

Earlier, I tried upgrading to Sierra from El Capitan, following a guide that was pinned here (titled something like "Upgrading to Sierra using Clover", something like that.. )
That worked ok, I only needed to get sound going and get the proper nvidia drivers. The Nvidia Sys pref pane said there was an update, so I let it get it. Mistake? It was not booting afterwards..

I then thought I could turn off the boot line about nvidia, tried booting without it, still failed..

Then, I thought I had messed up Clover (boot loader?) for that install, so I booted from the backup partition ( I use Super Duper) and that I could run Clover Configurator, etc to fix it. After that it's just a blur. I know I tried running Unibeast too. How did I think I could manage this so easily??

So, Help!! How do I get Clover fine again so that I can either 1) Fix the Sierra Install or 2) Wipe the Sierra partition and reinstall El Capitan from backup?
Try creating a UniBeast drive again. Boot to that and once you get to Clover DO NOT BOOT TO EXTERNAL. Boot to HFS. Now run MultiBeast and select Clover in the first menu (bootloaders) and install.

Try creating a UniBeast drive again. Boot to that and once you get to Clover DO NOT BOOT TO EXTERNAL. Boot to HFS. Now run MultiBeast and select Clover in the first menu (bootloaders) and install.

Yes! Thank you, it worked. I'm now back at my old problem where it keeps rebooting once I boot from HD.. Boots fine from the Unibeast created key though.. I tried and tried every option under the Clover boot screen, i cannot make it stop to see where it fails, what MAKES it fail..

Yes! Thank you, it worked. I'm now back at my old problem where it keeps rebooting once I boot from HD.. Boots fine from the Unibeast created key though.. I tried and tried every option under the Clover boot screen, i cannot make it stop to see where it fails, what MAKES it fail..
Were there any boot arguments? CPUID?

In Sierra, whole different Nvidia settings were required. These were to be created in the EFI config.plist, and no more nv parameters for booting.. The required changes are found in this file from a post on here..

Without the new settings, my video card was being detected as having 7M of ram instead of 4G.. :)

Attachments

• @Solving-Gygabyte-Nvidia 9xx-Not detected-WebDriver (0 to 7 MEGABYTE memory !!!).pdf
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
In Sierra, whole different Nvidia settings were required. These were to be created in the EFI config.plist, and no more nv parameters for booting.. The required changes are found in this file from a post on here..

Without the new settings, my video card was being detected as having 7M of ram instead of 4G.. :)
Actually, I just install the LATEST Nvidia web drivers and used this boot arg:
Code:
nv_drv=1

Good. :) I just know that mine works flawlessly, and that all I need to figure out now is fixing Clover properly on my HD so I don't need the USB key to boot. So glad it all works now with Sierra, I'm in no rush at all :)

Edited: All resolved. Man this is too easy once you understand it. Thank you so much to all of those people that work/ed on developing these tools like Clover, Unibeast, etc.. Wow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back