Contribute
Register

HELP! High Sierra reboots everytime I run Chrome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
Intel i7 2600k
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Now that's weird.
I recently installed HS. All was ok (even Chrome) and then suddenly everytime I launch Chrome,zip,reboot!

I searched a lot. Seems very uncommon. Couldn't find a solution that works for me. I tried uninstall/reinstall,problem remains(even with appcleaner). It even happens when Chrome runs in safe mode and even if I use nv_disable=1.

*I don't know how important this is but it doesn't reboot automatically. It works for like 2-3 seconds and then restarts(if I quit Chrome in those 2-3 secs then it does not reboot)
**Not sure it's Hackintosh-related or mac/chrome related. I asked in Mac and Chrome forums as well,nothing so far. From my search it seems like it could be a Hackintosh issue.

Any thoughts???

I tried working with on-board graphics. same deal. does that mean i can rule out the gpu ?

I tried working with on-board graphics. same deal. does that mean i can rule out the gpu ?

Chrome installs some updater launch agents . They are in the Library folder if memory serves. You could remove them and reinstall Chrome again.

The problem sounds as though once the app has started it goes off to check for updates and that is when it crashes.

I run Chrome on HS and it is very stable but files can get "corrupted". :)

I deleted everything that has to do with Chrome,tried again with what you said...same problem.

If anyone ever faces anything similar, my issue was with USB 3.0 ports. If I have a USB 3.0 device connected to a USB 3.0 port, as soon as Chrome runs the system crashes. Hope it can be useful to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back