Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad x260
CPU
i7-6500u
Graphics
HD520
Hey fellow hackintoshers, Anyone who have been successful in running hackintosh on x260 kindly advice the steps. Appreciate if can share which Mac os version you run, the kexts and dsdt files. Do let me know what works and what doesn't. Thank you.

Specs:
Lenovo Thinkpad x260
i7-6500u
Intel HD 520
8gb DDR4 RAM

Hey fellow hackintoshers, Anyone who have been successful in running hackintosh on x260 kindly advice the steps. Appreciate if can share which Mac os version you run, the kexts and dsdt files. Do let me know what works and what doesn't. Thank you.

Specs:
Lenovo Thinkpad x260
i7-6500u
Intel HD 520
8gb DDR4 RAM

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hey fellow hackintoshers, Anyone who have been successful in running hackintosh on x260 kindly advice the steps...

Yes I did, I run High Sierra on it, just follow tluck's guide for Lenovo T460 (which is pretty much the same laptop, with a larger screen), but use your own ACPI raw tables (DSDT/SSDT's) and you will succeed.

Yes I did, I run High Sierra on it, just follow tluck's guide for Lenovo T460 (which is pretty much the same laptop, with a larger screen), but use your own ACPI raw tables (DSDT/SSDT's) and you will succeed.
Thanks for the tip. I am not so well verse with dsdt/ssdt patching. I have seen many guides on patching but it can never get to me as it looks complicated. For now, since you got it working, can you kindly share your clover boot efi folder with config files, kexts dsdt/ssdt so I can replicate them on my x260. Thanks.

Hello there, any update on this topic? I own a x260 (with the newer I7 vPro 6600) and would like to move on, did anybody generated a DSDT.x260?

Hello there, any update on this topic? I own a x260 (with the newer I7 vPro 6600) and would like to move on, did anybody generated a DSDT.x260?

You can't use patched ACPI from another computer anyway...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi RehabMan and thanks for your reply.

Apologize for my bad information, I'll be more detailed and explain the situation:

I own a Lenovo X260 ver.20F5 and would like to install High Sierra 10.13.2 in dual boot with Windows 10 Pro.

So following the guide lines, here's what I've done until now (note that to separate provided stuff from mine I've created a new working folder called Lenovo-X260 and copied all the necessary):

1. Created on a USB a MBR with a FAT32 partition for Clover and a separate HFS+J partition for the OS X installer with this command from terminal (my USB stick is listed as disk3):

diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R

2. Copied the Utilities files from Lenovo-X260/Utilities/ into my Mac's /usr/local/bin and runned those commands from terminal:

cd ~/Downloads/Lenovo-X260/Utilities/
sudo ./install_tools.command

3. Installed a Clover EFI .pkg in “CLOVER EFI” partition of the USB stick.

4. Putted the USB stick in the X260 and extracted the ACPI files by F4 from Clover.

5. Copied the generated DSDT.aml and the SSDTs from the USB stick to Lenovo-X260/DSDT.X260/ACPI-Tables.

6. Created the custom patched DSDT.dsl running from terminal:

cd ~/Downloads/Lenovo-X260/DSDT.X260
./create_patched_DSDT.command

And here's where I'm stucked. After the last operation, I own two files: a DSDT.aml and a DSDT.dsl. If I run ./install_ACPI_to_ESP.command there's nothing in the path /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched location.

Command returns that compilation is completed with 0 errors 19 warnings 62 remarks 2996 optimizations 6 Constants Folded and

"rm: /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/*: No such file or directory"

Can't figure out what I've wrongly done.

Attached find my stuff.

Attachments

• Lenovo-X260.zip
    12 MB · Views: 508
Last edited:
"rm: /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/*: No such file or directory"

Sounds like you forgot to install Clover to your EFI partition.

Sounds like you forgot to install Clover to your EFI partition.

Exactly, in fact I've installed Clover only into the "CLOVER EFI" partition of the USB stick, I've mounted the EFI partition of my Mac but when I had to choose the destination for the installation, it is not listed.

EDIT: apologize for that, it had to been installed into HD with the EFI partition mounted. I've installed Clover into it but now the error is quite similar:

"rm: /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/OEM//ACPI/patched/*: No such file or directory"

Last edited:
EDIT: apologize for that, it had to been installed into HD with the EFI partition mounted. I've installed Clover into it but now the error is quite similar:

"rm: /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/OEM//ACPI/patched/*: No such file or directory"

Why are you trying to manipulate CLOVER/OEM? All ACPI files should go to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back