Contribute
Register

HELP! generic USB dongle ALMOST working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys… this is my first post here in tonymacx86, so forgive me if i'm posting in the wrong place

i bought a generic usb adaptor to connect my magic trackpad to my hackintosh (i'm using 10.8.5) but it's not working. after lots of research on the web, i found out that the problem is related to the BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext. It's location is on

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext.

Before, the Bluetooth icon wasn't even appearing on OSX. So I booted Windows 7 via parallels desktop and inserted the bluetooth adapter. Windows installed some drivers and the bluetooth adapter became usable inside parallels. i turned magic trackpad on and guessed what: I WAS ABLE TO USE MAGIC TRACKPAD INSIDE PARALLELS, BUT NO NATIVELY INSIDE OSX. At least i confirmed that the generic bluetooth adapter was working and was able to communicate with magic trackpad without problems.

then, i discovered a webpage (http://www.atpeaz.com/index.php/2012/using-unsupported-bluetooth-4-0-usb-dongle-with-os-x/), that provided a kext file for download.. i installed the provided kext with some modifications to a Info.plist file i made to match the configuration to my bluetooth adapter model. after reboot, the bluetooth icon appeared and my cellphone is able to recognize my hackintosh, but my hackintosh doesn't recognize my cellphone or trackpad (or anything)..

i think i'm almost getting thinks to work but something is messed up..

right now, inside the info.plist file, the lines that i changed were:

<key>Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>