2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
A friend created my original CustoMac. I began having a kernel panic after improper use of MultiBeast. I have spent Sunday (8/19) repeatedly trying to do a clean install. I followed the Unibeast and MultiBeast installation to the letter. Here is some of my learnings. I just completed my 4th installation which once again is not bootable.

The basics:
=======
1) I created the Lion USB and added Unibeast.
2) I reformat the partition each time --- however, I do not see the OPTION tab to make it bootable
3) Everything seems to work after Unibeast with the exception of sound and being able to start from the Hard Drive.
4) I did not update Chimera.

Attempts:
======
1) did not realize I need to rename the DSDT file.
2) used exact parameters for Sandy Bridge screen capture. Received an multiple errors HDAEnabler888....888b.kext before completion of MultiBeast about sound.
3) Transfered Lion User Directory. I got an error when it tried to add HP2200C printer.
4) renamed DSDT file, selected DSDT boot in MB, and did not select any other parameters.

Current state
When I hit a key a Chimera, I get two options: Lion (KP issue) and Mountain Lion.
1) Without Unibeast USB in the Drive: If I select Mountain Lion -- system reboots and does not got to Mac OS.
2) With Unibeast USB: I select USB-HDD and then I select Mountain Lion. It dies on Apple screen.

Configuration:
=========
GIGABYTE|GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Z68 R
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory
Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
LG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS70 OEM
HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 2TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming Computer Case
Rosewill RG630-S12 630W "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5570 GV-R557OC-1GI Video Card

try too install ML on onboard graphic card hd 2000? and then switch too your current graphics cards eg HD 6580?????

A friend created my original CustoMac. I began having a kernel panic after improper use of MultiBeast. I have spent Sunday (8/19) repeatedly trying to do a clean install. I followed the Unibeast and MultiBeast installation to the letter. Here is some of my learnings. I just completed my 4th installation which once again is not bootable.

The basics:
=======
1) I created the Lion USB and added Unibeast.
2) I reformat the partition each time --- however, I do not see the OPTION tab to make it bootable
3) Everything seems to work after Unibeast with the exception of sound and being able to start from the Hard Drive.
4) I did not update Chimera.

Attempts:
======
1) did not realize I need to rename the DSDT file.
2) used exact parameters for Sandy Bridge screen capture. Received an multiple errors HDAEnabler888....888b.kext before completion of MultiBeast about sound.
3) Transfered Lion User Directory. I got an error when it tried to add HP2200C printer.
4) renamed DSDT file, selected DSDT boot in MB, and did not select any other parameters.

Current state
When I hit a key a Chimera, I get two options: Lion (KP issue) and Mountain Lion.
1) Without Unibeast USB in the Drive: If I select Mountain Lion -- system reboots and does not got to Mac OS.
2) With Unibeast USB: I select USB-HDD and then I select Mountain Lion. It dies on Apple screen.

Configuration:
=========
GIGABYTE|GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Z68 R
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory
Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
LG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS70 OEM
HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 2TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill RG630-S12 630W "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5570 GV-R557OC-1GI Video Card

I had major problems with multi beast as well, had to redo the install all damn day it kept KP'.
Finally figured out which options to pick and all is well now.

If you do a clean install on a fresh drive can you just get to the desktop from unibeast or you are saying that doesn't work.
You don't need multibeast to get to the desktop if you boot using the unibeast USB, right?

Can you update to UEFI BIOS?
If so you won't need a dsdt.
Also, I don't think that you have to rename the dsdt.aml anymore, that was for older versions of multibeast.

If that doesn't work then you might need to redo the unibeast USB.

If you have no luck you can at least use a linux live USB like knoppix to retrieve documents and files from the drives you can't boot.

That is my pathetic advice, sry, I know how frustrating it is.

Coleo,

If I do a clean install, which I am doing now, everything appears to work perfectly. I need to boot from the USB. I know sound does not work and I got an error when trying to add my HP printer. I tried this 2 ways: transferring my LION data and NOT.

I likely can update the EFI firmware but do not know how. I have not played with Hackintosking since I converted a X61 tablet. If you do not use it, you lose it. :)

At this point, I am reinstalling using Unibeast. At one point, I had a utility that made a drive bootable. I might try that. Thank you for the help. Any additional advice is appreciated... Like how to flash the firmware for My motherboard.

I can do this however, it does not seem to be the graphic card. I have not selected any graphic paramters. I am doing a clean install now. It started using the USB. I have NOT done anything with MultiBeast yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back