Contribute
Register

[Help] Could not start OS X Installer: Stuck at "AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: no nvram variable"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS N56VZ
CPU
Intel Core i5 3230M
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 + NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and after studying a lot from your posts, I decided to ask for your help.
I have a almost perfectly working OS X Yosemite on my ASUS N56VZ. Recently I tried to upgrade to OS X El Capitan, but ended up encountering the same problem over and over again when starting the installer. In verbose mode it always stuck at "AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: no nvram variable" and the screen does not roll up any new information.
2015-10-03 066.jpg

What's worse, I googled for the error message only to find no one has encountered this before: at least he never posted it on web.

I also tried a lot of methods to solve the problem.
I checked the downloaded image carefully and I'm sure its genuine and complete. I changed BIOS and Clover config here and there. I put and deleted various kexts(NullPowerManagement/PS2Controller/FakeSMC of different versions/Anything I could imagine related to the problem) in Clover kext folder. I applied various DSDT patches and kext patches. None of these actually work.

I found a person in another forum who has EXACTLY THE SAME laptop model. The only difference is that I replaced HDD with SSD and Wi-Fi card to BCM94353HMB, and maybe BIOS version. And he succeeded in installation. He kindly offered me with all the files he used (DSDT/Clover config.plist/kexts). But sadly I FAILED at the SAME place.

I really couldn't figure out what is blocking the installer from booting.

If you succeeded in installing El Capitan, could you please post system log around my stuck point? That may be of great help.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and after studying a lot from your posts, I decided to ask for your help.
I have a almost perfectly working OS X Yosemite on my ASUS N56VZ. Recently I tried to upgrade to OS X El Capitan, but ended up encountering the same problem over and over again when starting the installer. In verbose mode it always stuck at "AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: no nvram variable" and the screen does not roll up any new information.
View attachment 159544
(Sorry for the upside-down image; it seems that the web viewer does not support photo orientation information.)

What's worse, I googled for the error message only to find no one has encountered this before: at least he never posted it on web.

I also tried a lot of methods to solve the problem.
I checked the downloaded image carefully and I'm sure its genuine and complete. I changed BIOS and Clover config here and there. I put and deleted various kexts(NullPowerManagement/PS2Controller/FakeSMC of different versions/Anything I could imagine related to the problem) in Clover kext folder. I applied various DSDT patches and kext patches. None of these actually work.

I found a person in another forum who has EXACTLY THE SAME laptop model. The only difference is that I replaced HDD with SSD and Wi-Fi card to BCM94353HMB, and maybe BIOS version. And he succeeded in installation. He kindly offered me with all the files he used (DSDT/Clover config.plist/kexts). But sadly I FAILED at the SAME place.

I really couldn't figure out what is blocking the installer from booting.

If you succeeded in installing El Capitan, could you please post system log around my stuck point? That may be of great help.

Attachment link is broken.

Some links you might find useful:

EFI/Clover setup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-11-1-update-requires-clover-v3292-later.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer... Patch your own instead:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Thanks for your suggestion, RehabMan!
Today I finally succeeded in installation, and I'm still busy fixing minor hardware issues.
Though I've managed to overcome the problem, I still don't know exactly how did it happen and what did I to right fix it.
All I did is updated to latest Clover v3320, Add EmuvariableUEFI.efi in drivers64UEFI folder (Because the error message said something about NVRAM), using config and DSDT from the other user I mentioned before, and Bang! I successfully entered the installer!
But what's weirdly enough, I've tried to put EmuvariableUEFI.efi before but I didn't work. I updated to latest clover but the same thing still happen until I put in that driver——I've never used that driver before and everything worked just fine. And my own-hand-made DSDT still stuck me in the same place. I'll check the difference later to figure out what exactly has happened to my hackintosh installation.
If I have time, I'll try to post a guide on my problem.
Anyway, I enjoy the wonderful new OS very much, and thanks again for your kind advice!

Ok, I finally found what's going wrong with my previous error (with a lot of painstakingly trial and error).
It has nothing to do with AMFI or Clover version or EmuVariableUEFI. It's because of USB driver.
I turned on "FixOwnership" in clover config.plist and system booted up successfully, but when I turned it off, I ended up with the same error. The last line is not the reason of error: it's just happened to sit before the error.The next line the system search for available disk drives and when it comes to USB, the system immediately freezes. At least I guess so.
That's all! I'm glad that I finally solved this...

Ok, I finally found what's going wrong with my previous error (with a lot of painstakingly trial and error).
It has nothing to do with AMFI or Clover version or EmuVariableUEFI. It's because of USB driver.
I turned on "FixOwnership" in clover config.plist and system booted up successfully, but when I turned it off, I ended up with the same error. The last line is not the reason of error: it's just happened to sit before the error.The next line the system search for available disk drives and when it comes to USB, the system immediately freezes. At least I guess so.
That's all! I'm glad that I finally solved this...

Had you followed the guide, you would not have had a problem...

FixOwnership is set true in all the plist files used by my guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back