CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm so close to getting my first Dual Boot Hackintosh running the way I want it at launch. The last two things I want to change are setting a default boot OS and changing the names that show up at clover's launch. From what I've researched this can be done by editing your config file in clover's EFI area but I can't seem to get the commands correct. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out.

1. I'd like clover to launch into OS X El Capitan after like 4 seconds without input at launch that way I don't need to always chose if I want to boot windows or Mac and can click a button if I want to load Windows.

2. Currently my boot options in clover read "Boot Microsoft EFI
boot Menu from EFI" for the windows side. I'd like to change that to read something like "Boot Windows 10" or even just "Windows 10". I feel this is going to be the more difficult of the two things I want to do.

If anyone can help me get this set up in my config file I would be so thankful! If you need more info like drive/partition information please let me know (I'm running Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan on one SSD with a partition) I've attached a copy of my config file for your convenience. Also if you see something that I should add/change for a better experience please let me know!
View attachment config.plist

Custom entries in Clover Configurator - you can rename the icons.

I've loaded clover configurator before but I was a little intimidated by all the check boxes. If I just fill out the name changes and save the file will that ruin my file/setup? Do i have to fill out all the boxes? Thanks for your help so far

When I load up my EFI partition and chose the config file it doesn't fill in any of the check boxes and no drives show up in the Boot section. Am I doing something wrong?

Does anyone have a guide or walk through for what each option in Clover Configurator does? As I mentioned when I load up my clover EFI partition Config file it doesn't fill any check boxes or show any drives. Is that supposed to happen? Did I do something wrong?

I'm a little concerned that no options show up when I mount and load my EFI partition in Configurator. I feel like some boxes should already be filled out since I ran the multibeast tool first. Doesn't that set up your config file a bit first? Am I worrying about nothing? Like I see no drives in the boxes and no forms have their checkboxes filled out. Sorry for all the questions but I'm really new at this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back